The Vols Universe has Turned

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by IP, Feb 4, 2018.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

Barnett is a super bowl champion.

Kamara is the rookie of the year.

The Tennessee Vols shooty hoops men are considered in the conversation for a one seed.

I understand that the basketball players who are female are also doing well.

Butch Jones is unemployed.

I am not a religious man. I am not "God-fearing," but I do know I am a small and meaningless part of systems at scales large and small, and I will never really know how it all works.

I do believe this: the universe has turned. The "curse" is lifting. 4-8 was rock bottom, and for things to return to the Tennessee mean, we have more good stuff coming. That's not rational, it is just a feeling. It's getting better.

2. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Fulmer is AD...I know that his haters will hate but maybe good things are happening because he has returned.

3. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

What an odd declaration in February.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Football offseason is here. Let's get weird.

5. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Going to need to see a competent baseball team in 18 to believe this. Not good (talent not there), just competent.

lylsmorr likes this.
  6. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Having a Football First AD is huge.

10SEvols and hohenfelsvol like this.
  7. Tenacious D

Men's shooters have the highest / best chance of playing their way into a #1 seed of any not named UVA, Purdue and Villanova.

Barnett didn't just win, he recovered the fumble. And, he was flat on his face early in that play.

I was actually wondering the other day how well the men's baseball team would do this year. If that it's proof of something supernatural being afoot, I don't know what is.

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm not sure that it's even that. The UT sports clubs are a line of factories that ought to be assembling wins into championships rather than prototyping innovative moral victories. The last couple ads saw it all as a brand to manage, but forgot what the product was. Or didn't care.

Tenacious D likes this.
  9. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

No, no, no. I'll not be swayed from my negavol mentality. Next, you'll be predicting the Earth's demise.

10. CardinalVol

Told the wife on Saturday I refuse to believe this basketball team is good, regardless if what every stat/metric/computer program says.

tvolsfan, Tenacious D and IP like this.
  11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

The Earth will be destroyed!

In 4.5 billion years.

IP likes this.
  12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I have that hangup too. The time we were ranked #1 and promptly lost to an inferior team really messed with me.

Win a few more and I will believe though.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's in the midst of midlife crisis

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I stopped watching. Every time I did, they struggled.

Hmm, last night I had walked out of the room when Barnett come up with the fumble. I've watched one women's game this year (a loss).

15. Tenacious D

This might be the best and most accurate summation, ever.

16. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

The women who play basketball aren’t doing as well as they should, but not terrible

17. CardinalVol

I should also probably add "my own two eyes" as things that say this is a good team. I refuse to believe them too.

A-Smith likes this.
  18. YankeeVol

YankeeVol Member

I’ve watched nearly every game. It’s just amazing to me that it seems to be a different player stepping up each game.
    The fact that we’ve won 3 straight games by 20+ is impressive as well. When’s the last time we’ve done that?
    I was frustrated early on in the season when we blew leads but it seems we’ve taken care of that.
    I don’t fully trust Barnes in a tight contest though

19. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I can't be the only person who read that #1 seed fact and thought, "Welp, we're a lock to be the first team to lose to a 16 seed."

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

I can't imagine ending up with a 1 seed. We'd have to run the table from here and go deep in the conference tourney

10SEvols likes this.