The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by WM, Oct 11, 2011.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

As far as getting infected by the gore, I don't have a good answer. I can only assume if you get it in your eyes or in an open wound you WOULD get infected, and they are being kind of stupid about things right now and hopefully getting lucky on that.

I don't think you can get infected by just it touching your skin, as in the episode where they covered themselves in zombie guts he especially mentioned something about cuts when he said something about not letting it touch your skin.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

And in regards to Droski's "How did the zombies win?" comment, it is about ignorance as to the situation and overwhelming numbers by the time the military was mobilized. It was covered in the first season, in sort of side-comments and flashbacks. It really is just a numbers game. There are a lot of people in this world.

3. MacReady

MacReady New Member

Still hate the crossbow effects in this show. That bolt should have flew through that skull and buried somewhere in the ground.

4. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

The only time I have seen people turn into zombies is after they were bitten. Perhaps it is in the saliva.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

How did the Black guy (with the son)'s wife get it? I don't think she was bit, she just got sick.

6. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I found this in a recap of the 1st episode:

Morgan explains to Rick that the man he shot would have tried to eat them. "One thing I do know, don't you get bit," Morgan says. Bites kill, he explains, then you become one of them.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Huh, maybe it is mostly saliva based.

8. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

haven't watched it, but i think the graphic novel i just read for a class is what the series is based off of. can anyone confirm?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

It's based off of a series of comics/graphic novel of the same name...

What kind of cracker jack box college do you go to?

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Extremely virulent strain of herpes, IMO.

11. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Just started watching this show last night. One of the best premiers I have seen in a long while.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Are you aware of season 1? Kind of sets the stage of the world, better.

13. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i hope tehy really start developing the storyline. i love this show, but it could become repetitive very quickly.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

If they are ever going to do it, we will know in the next two episodes.

At the same time though droski, survival IS the story. Last season they were surviving and trying to get to the CDC. This season they are trying to make for Ft. Benning.

15. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

That's what I mean. I taped the marathon Sunday and started with Episode 1. Great start.

16. =rpvol=

=rpvol= Member

i am guessing the little girl is at the house they showed in the season preview at the end of the first episode. i also think dude needs to ditch the sheriff garb. i am pretty sure the zombies could give a [uck fay] less that he was a sheriff before they took over...

looks to be a pretty good season ahead tho.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

ha ha agree with the sheriff stuff. it works fine as a staple for a comic book, but in the series it makes him look like a bit of a tool with an authority complex.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agreed. Finding a set of football pads on which to affix spikes and working on a mohawk would be on the Week One itinerary in the event of an apocalyptic zombie outbreak.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You might be better off going with the gimp outfit like the villain in Mad Max.

20. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

[​IMG]