The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Kept playing softball, basketball and flag over off White Bridge until I was 38 and tore my achilles. Haven't run more than 5 steps since. Keeping the side tit off at 48 is the battle. Forget the fat under the belly button. Its not going anywhere.

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Have you ever done BS 5x5/Madcow? I'm trying to figure out what I'm gonna do at the start of the year. It is either that or an HLM set up like Andy Baker recommends.

3. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Madcow is good if you’re an intermediate and not a beginner.

Basically it’s the next step in the basic beginning 5x5 programming once your gains begin to slow down and you can’t recover as quickly

4. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Just realized I have a half on 3-Feb and am nowhere near prepared. Travel and minor injuries have impacted training so this race is going to be extra fun.

5. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

Anyone ever used D-Bal?

6. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

You got it. It's a half. You can monitor your heart rate and adjust your pace to have a finish you can feel good about being unprepared for. I have been a bit of a slug since about Thanksgiving, but I went out and did ten miles on Friday. It felt good, and I regretted not signing up for a half last weekend.

gcbvol likes this.
  7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Just have the Hubby swing the Prius around about 1/8 of the way in, get a coffee, then have him drop you off doe the last 1/4. You know, to build up a sweat and heart rate.

8. gcbvol

Haha, don't think I'm there just yet. Plus, he's also running so it's a nonstarter.

9. gcbvol

Yeah, you're right. I always tell folks if you can run 10 you can handle a half no problem. Problem is I've only got back up to the 7-8 range so far. It'll be fine, but my standard under 2 hour goal is in jeopardy.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

192 this morning. This meal train to the house for my wife has put 8 lbs on me since december

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Wife is running New Orleans half the 10th.

12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Funny you put it that way, my go to distance last year was 10. That wasn't the only distance I ran, but it represented the majority of my runs. I wanted to keep it there so I'd be ready to run a half just whenever. Fast forward to the past November, and I'm burned out on the distance, and I hadn't run a single half all year.

13. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Just started a new gym membership, now that work is slowing back down. Hopefully by this point all the New Year's resolution crowd has given up.

14. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Bought a Forerunner 235. It’s an older generation Garmin, and a low end watch, but I like it so far.

Picks up satellites real fast. Took my old one half a day.

15. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I've been using a 225 for a few years now. I like it a lot. It used to take a while to pick up satellites, but that oddly seems to have improved in the last year or so.

16. chavisut

I ran a couple weeks back. Got my cardio in for the year already.

kmf600 likes this.
  17. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Were you being chased?

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Stairmaster

19. chavisut

Ha I’ve actually used a few times recently. Brutal.

20. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I bet you can bounce dimes off of that ass then.