The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

We have a peloton, I use it probably 5 days a week. Haven't tried other bikes but unless they have a wide range of class options there's no way I'd have a prayer at getting as much as I do out of the peloton. If you just want to ride a bike, I'm sure any will do. But I need a reason and motivation to get on and the peloton classes do a good job with that.

lylsmorr likes this.
  2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

[​IMG]

3. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

4. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Interesting. I'm needing something for upstairs to use occasionally instead of constantly having to be isolated downstairs all the time. What is the max speed? And I'm guessing no incline?

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Like you need more than 3 mph

6. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I like to set my hot wheels on them at max speed and watch them race while I eat my dinners.

7. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hot wheels, beat that!
    There was a pretty cool hot wheels game on Xbox a few years ago. Me and boys had a good time with it.

8. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

No incline is correct.

I’ve had it up to at least 6. It doesn’t count steps or distance that accurately but I’ve never used a treadmill that really does. If you have a fitness tracker it doesn’t matter anyway.

But it’s light weight and easy to move/store. It’s prefect for smaller spaces.

9. CardinalVol

Anyone done 75Hard?

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I’ve not done it but I don’t view it as a fitness program it more of a rest button on your life.

I do agree that most Americans are soft and have it pretty easy and seems like an interesting way to get out of a rut.

11. CardinalVol

Yeah, I've been digging into it and wife and I are starting it tomorrow. And yeah, it's the reset button more than anything else.

12. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Those 5 minute daily cold showers will suck balls

13. CardinalVol

That's in the second part after the 75Hard. I ain't doing those ever.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

5 minute cold shower is just suffering to suffer. No sense in it, imho.

15. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

If you work outside or do outdoor activities consistently, I’d say there’s no benefit. but if you work in a climate controlled environment and never do anything outside, I’d say some of the stress hormones would be good for your body

16. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Definitely helps with waking up, but not too sure about the whole “kickstarting the metabolism” thing that it supposedly pushes.

Had never heard of this Hard75. Seems like another silly TikTik type of trend, but I do like the pushing of random acts of kindness as part of it.

17. CardinalVol

Well, I start 75 Hard tomorrow. I need the mental toughness and discipline that it will provide as much as I need the health benefit.

The guy that finally sold me on doing it lost 45 pounds and said as a whole it was the best thing he's done in a long time. Feels like a brand new person.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

It’ll be fun to follow your journey with it.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still can’t get over how much going ketovore/ carnivore has changed my views on nutrition.

I use to think a calorie was just a calorie but this has totally changed my views on food.

20. CardinalVol

My diet plan is basically "make good choices". I'm cutting out carbs, sweets, and soft drinks. Plan on consuming a lot of protein though.

The two workouts a day is gonna get real interesting. Guess I'm finally just gonna. Real down and do couch to 5k.