The workout thread(Weighlifting/Running)

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by lylsmorr, Aug 17, 2011.

1. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

And congrats to you as well, my friend. I saw where you said you're not losing as much weight because you're building muscle. Not a thing in the world wrong with muscle weight. It's a cool feeling seeing & feeling that transformation, I'm sure.

Definitely an accomplishment to be proud of.

2. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Eh. I've slacked a bit in November. Got to go 100%.

3. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

No force of nature can stop weight gain in November and December. Halloween is the kickoff.

4. JayVols

It happens. I've struggled with "want to" at times too. I still go & am fine when I get there. You'll get it.

I did well Thanksgiving. Probably ate less this year than any other. Only 1 trip (turkey small piece of stuffing, gravy, 2 small rolls, and a VERY small sliver of pumpkin & pecan pie). I bet I didn't eat 900 calories in all.

I so wanted to dive face first in that pecan pie & stuffing though... If you ever try my mom's stuffing you'll understand

5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I don’t know how you all do portion control.

The window that I can do that is extremely small. Fasting and cutting carbs is easy to me but when I eat. I like to eat till I’m full.

6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’ve put on 45 [uck fay]ing pounds since March 2020… I was 159 pounds on my birthday then and now I’m at 205. I probably won’t drop in with a weekly or monthly weigh in but by this time next year I’ll be back to at least 165 and if I’m not I’ll let you, the members of the esteemed 8th maxim community decide my punishment… within reason, of course.

7. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Carry Butch Jones' tampon case around on sidelines for Ark St.

Savage Orange likes this.
  8. CardinalVol

The ol' number 38 at Exit 4 stall 2.

Savage Orange and NorrisAlan like this.
  9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Really enjoying the peloton so far. We bought some cushioned floor tiles, a bench, and some adjustable bowflex dumbbells for Black Friday. Should help us start to pursue some strength training via our nice little new home gym setup in the basement. We also bought a cheap but decent 40 inch TV and a stand to put it on. We should be able to cast peloton stuff onto the TV.

10. JayVols

New high for me this morning. Was able to do 140 lengths (25m pool). That translates to roughly 11,203ft or 2.12 miles.

Used a calorie burn swim calculator. Based on weight, age, type of stroke, distance & time, it came out to roughly 1,840 calories burned. My intake today (before supper) is in the neighborhood of 800-900 calories so far. I'll eat between 400-600 more the rest of the day.

I'm still tired, but pushing before my next weigh-in on Tuesday.

InVolNerable, Volst53 and CardinalVol like this.
  11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

I don't know that I've ever been able to walk 140 lengths in a pool, let alone swim it. Hell yeah, man

justingroves and JayVols like this.
  12. JayVols

Weigh-in day.

Was one tick on the scale over 276 before applying my -1 lb rule for clothes & stuff in my pockets.

Calling it 275.

Started at 320. I'm down 45lbs since July 19th, call it 4 1/2 months. I think 10-11lbs per month is a healthy pace that's more likely to stick than starving myself & losing more rapidly. I know I've replaced some unhealthy weight from fat with healthy muscle weight, too.

50-55 more to go to get to my target, so I swam 2.03 miles after my appt to get started on that last half-ish. That's the 3rd 2 miler in my last 11 weekday swims with a minimum of 1.5 miles the other 8 days.

By the time my annual Hatteras fishing trip rolls around at the end of May, I'll be looking pretty damn sexy in my bikini.

CardinalVol and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. CardinalVol

The Mrs just finished half marathon #10. Training for Nashville marathon begins next week. For her, not me.

JayVols and chavisut like this.
  14. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Awesome. I’ve never so much ran a 5k. Running ain’t my jam.

JayVols likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I haven't worked out in 2 weeks. Been fasting till noon and a little stress has led to not eating much. Dropped 4 lbs.

16. CardinalVol

Nor is it mine. She loves it though.

One of best friends in college runs those 100 milers through the woods. It all started because he wanted to exercise to offset his drinking.

chavisut likes this.
  17. chavisut

I started going back to the gym recently after taking 20 months off just training kettlebells and body weight. Managed 185x10 on bench first week back weighing bout 180.

Nothing special by gym standards but happy for not touching anything heavier than a 24kg kettlebell that entire time.

JayVols likes this.
  18. chavisut

Sorry to hear that man. Been there in short burst. No fun.

Hope it gets better.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

We all have out own stuff. It's not healthy but kinda like when you get a long flu bug and you are like sweet, I lost a few. then you don't eat as much and then get full easier, so at times I've used that as a start to getting g back after it a little. Was 183 yesterday before meat lovers thin crust, but I had hardly eaten anything in 24 hours

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It doesn't go through Brentwood, does it?

chavisut likes this.