"They gonna put me in the movies...."

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by rbroyles, Mar 18, 2016.

1. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Today I kinda sorta took off another item off the bucket list. I always wanted to act on stage or in a movie, so I went to a casting call for a movie being filmed in the Bristol area, and was hired as an extra. No speaking part, but I did laugh a couple times, and in one scene, the character is speaking to me in a close up.

The movie is called "Believe" starring Ryan O'Quinn. He was in "Third Rock From The Sun" and "Beverly Hills 90210" on TV.

The story line is Ryan's character runs a factory started by his grandfather, and it is the town's largest employer. The workers strike which threatens the factory's existence. A young boy knows of a dilapidated tenement house full of people out of work and in desperate situations. The factory owner hires them to save the factory. The scenes I was in were of him showing us how to run machinery and such.

2. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Reason #3965741 that RB is more awesome than the rest of us.

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Yep

4. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Well it's not that big a deal. I believe they hired the majority of those who showed up. I did think it was neat to be picked out for the close up scene.

5. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

word has it that RB's appearance merits an automatic NC-17 rating

6. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Agreed.

7. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Only if they used a wide-angle lens.

8. hmanvolfan

hmanvolfan Member

[video=youtube;I04kEZcqvi4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I04kEZcqvi4[/video]

9. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Sounds like a high quality snuff film. Congratulations

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I predict post-production changes to include:

1. Retitled "RB: No Words Needed"
    2. First person to win Best Actor, Director, Cinematography and Score.
    3. Oscar renamed "The RB". New statute requires genital-covering sword to quadruple in both length and width.
    4. MPAA gives it unprecedented "SOS" rating - for fear that the nuclear-grade sexual magnetism of RB's sudden appearance on-screen will cause millions of unsuspecting women to suddenly "Slide Out of Seat" and slam into movie screen.

Kudos, RB. Once again, the rest of us are just bullshitting, while your already unequaled legend only grows.

11. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

You guys kill me, I only wish I could live up to the so called legend. I just hope my scenes don't end up on the cutting room floor.

12. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Awesome RB.

I tried out for the part of Mel Gibson's son in The River. Got a call back for a 2nd whatever you call it. Got dropped. They filmed all the farm scenes 5 minutes from my house.

Closest I got to being in the film was they made me late for school because they were shooting the opening scene of the movie. Closed the only bridge within 20 miles crossing the river.

13. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

A good friend was in the River. He was an extra, but did get a close up faceshot in the scene where the men were being round up to go tear down the sandbags. He was being soaked by the rain. They were squirting him with a fire hose.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

A friend of mine did get the role of Gibson's son. He also appeared in Chattahoochie. He's now a Vice Principal & county commissioner.

15. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

I guess they liked my work, just got an email from the casting director to come in five days next week. She said she was told I was great as what is basically a disheveled bum. Talk about acting naturally.

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If dishevelled bum means having a body like Adonis and a mind like Newton, then yes.

17. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

She has a disheveled bum fetish, IMO.

18. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Watch out Peter falk!

19. rbroyles

rbroyles Chieftain

Uhhh.................excuse me, I almost forgot to ask................uhhh my wife is a real fan. Could you , you know................. uhhhh sign this for her?

20. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

Just one more question