Third Down for What!?

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by KenTenn, Aug 17, 2014.

1. KenTenn

KenTenn Only Mod Approved Posts

Not sure what to think about this. If it hypes the team and helps us win, how can you complain? BUT (you knew a "but" was coming) upon viewing the video associated with the song, I'm not exactly liking it. I hope, I really, really, really, hope they don't show the video on the Jumbotron. I got a 13 year old Kentucky bred granddaughter I'm in the process of indoctrinating into the creeds, dogma, and tenents of Volunteerians. Her mom and pop and me and wife have hard enough time controlling what kind of friends she's exposed to in her already here hormone raging state. If that video gets shown during a game I bring her to, I'm getting up and getting out and dragging her out with me. Won't bring her to any further games. Only recently separated her from a "friend" after talking with the mother who laughed at us. Her daughter's idea of dressing up includes wardrobes that are all but a neon sign advertising the pubic and mammary regions. Granddaughter came home from an overnight visit with this stuff on and that was that. Mom laugh at our concerns about little girls slut-izing themselves? And saying they had only dressed up and taken selfies, one of which her daughter had sent to boy friends? My granddaughter was too timid to go that far and we want to keep it that way. This video of the song would not be helping. I can't speak for other parents who will have kids of various ages at the games and their kids see the video. But I'm not standing for it. Will be discussing this with my daughter and stepson very shortly so they can prep the kid what to expect if "grandpop" suddenly grabs her and says "We're gone!"

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

Show her this video of the song. She'll want to join a convent afterwards......

[YOUTUBE]GHdCkN4a6xg[/YOUTUBE]

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Do you mean "Turn Down for What?" or did UT make a promotional video?

4. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

Every time our defense is in 3rd down they play that song and it says 3rd down for what. They want the fans to get up and make noise when the song comes on. One of the complaints people always mention is that the music in the stadium puts you to sleep and take the crowd out of the game. They seem to be fixing that and not having the band play the same songs they have played for 20 years between plays.

5. KenTenn

That was hilarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. KenTenn

Syndicate, I'm all for the wake up calls. Wish our band would play wider selections. More on that in a moment. It's not the song I object to, it's the video that I saw accompanying it when I visited a link that was it seems, associated with Volnation.

Back to the band. I know I will be criminalized, drawn and quarter, crucified, and cremated for this, but here goes. I'd like to see some earthquake themed music/songs at strategic moments during games. Someone better able than I make the selections to apply to offensive plays, defensive plays, pick me moments after a setback (say an interception), and well, you get the idea. Some possible selections could be:

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/tyronewells/wherewemeet.html [Have to watch the timng and game situation carefully for this one]

http://www.lyrics.net/lyric/216315 [Sort of like this one]

http://artists.letssingit.com/mott-the-hoople-lyrics-broadside-outcasts-znxjk2s [I would eliminate the first stanza]

http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/thousandfootkrutch/upcomesdown.html

http://www.lyrics.net/lyric/7210057

Combined with fans rocking Neyland wall to wall, I can just imagine the effect on the team. Now combine that with carefully selected scenes of real earthquakes in action with buildings falling or animated ones, whatever. The rocked and rolling landscapes as the quake shakes things up. Avoid showing people being harmed, just the quake rolling rivers, making trees tremble, bringing down landslides, crumbling buildings, cracking the ground, and bouncing cars up and down. All while this music is blasting and the crowd gets into it. I'd hate to be an opponent with this party going full blast like that.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2014
  7. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I hate when the defense raises and waves their arms on third down trying to get the crowd into the game. The crowd gets loud only to see the defense give up yardage like a sieve... first down!

Don't spend so much time worrying about what we are doing; tackle someone dammit.

8. syndicate

syndicate Well-Known Member

What does the video of the song matter when they don't show it on the jumbotron? They show a graphic that says 3rd down for what.

9. JayVols

[​IMG]

10. KenTenn

My original post had the following statement:
    "I hope, I really, really, really, hope they don't show the video on the Jumbotron."

Obviously, I didn't know the song would be without the video. All I knew was, as I said in that original post, what I saw while browsing another website. The video was on that site. Plus even if I saw "graphic" after seeing that video one must ask, "graphic of what?"

All this nitpicking aside, I'm glad to know that the song gets our boys in the mood for playing Tennessee football. AND apparently the video I saw won't be exhibited. Which means I can bring my granddaughter to Vols games. Like the ketchup character in the ad says, "Is that so wrong?"

11. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

That video is a cinematic masterpiece. One of the best things ever made.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Band should play ride of the Valkyries

13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

If I had to listent to Ken tell me what to wear and not to wear as a teenage girl, I'd run out and try to get pregnant within the first 8 minutes.

14. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

I would like to see the video played on the jumbotron. People covering their children's eyes while rushing to the exits, peoples heads exploding, etc. would be a site to behold.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Better than giving up a touchdown

16. KenTenn

Yes, you would. Which is a tribute to your upbringing, or despite it. And her parents dictate what she can wear and not wear. They do a darn good job of raising their kids. And I don't undermine them. Sorry you grew up without decent upbringing.

17. JayVols

Business is about to pick up.

:popcorn:

18. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Sounds more like they're nazis. She's totally going to get knocked up before she can drive.

19. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

There you have it, guys. Straight from KenTenn -- dictate what your children wear and you're a good parent. Don't be a dictator, and you will have brought them up poorly.

All there is to it.

20. OrangeEmpire

OrangeEmpire Take a chance, Custer did

Ken, are you Mennonite?

Church of Christ?

Primitive Baptist?