Third Saturday in October

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by utvol0427, Oct 8, 2022.

1. Customtaco

Customtaco Member

2. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I mean it's a good tweet, but that's fireworks y'all.

TennTradition and A-Smith like this.
  3. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

smoke come down from fireworks? Think it’s fake anyway. No way dooz has a buddy

InVolNerable likes this.
  4. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I’m just playin

5. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

After a night to process it, if we could find some DBs this is a legit contender. Hopefully Charles and Turrentine develop this summer and Matthews, Conyer, and Gibson come in strong too. Hell, just having actual CBs play CB this spring will help the development there. We were very fortunate early last night, and their offensive playcalling was absolute slaw, but the second half we were legitimately stopping whatever they gave to us, except the one TD drive. Then to hit them right back was absolute beauty. I will say, this offense needs to use the QB in the run game and also use the middle of the field in the passing game more. I get that the spacing is a big part of the scheme, but us using the TE or motioning the RB would at least slow down the pass rush. Would like to see some more rollouts with Joe as well.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Ya don’t say.

TennTradition and NorrisAlan like this.
  7. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Christian Charles just isn't very good. If he can't beat out what we have at safety and continues to play as bad as he has this year at corner and star then he might as well transfer to a G5 school.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  8. IP

IP Super Moderator

Bar stool sports stole AND lied?!

/s

Tar Volon and The Dooz like this.
  9. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

In fairness I remember many different folks/media entities grab that pic and tweet it out themselves in the aftermath of the TSIO. Don’t think it was “just barstool” who did that.

Also those campus specific accounts affiliated with Barstool are run by a different unpaid student every new semester. At least that was how it was explained to us whenever they put out those advertisements looking for UT students to apply to when I was still in school a few years ago. The campus barstool affiliated accounts exist to bring awareness and engagement of the Barstool brand on every major college campus. It’s just not unsurprising at all that a random and likely in the moment highly inebriated college kid didn’t properly credit a cool photo he saw spreading like wildfire on Twitter to its proper original source

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

Having untrained unpaid and uncredited interns is a hell of a defense.

Tar Volon likes this.
  11. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Also the smoke on that photo is truthfully the aftermath of the fireworks after the game winner. It’s an unbelievably bad ass picture. I bet thousands of Vols would proudly display that print in their home and I hope the photographer is able to monetize that photo.

We can continue to tell everyone that it’s a pic of everyone lighting victory cigars if we want. I’m game to do that haha. However it’s simply not a pic of a literal giant cloud of Cigar smoke engulfing Neyland, as cool as that version of the story is compared to the truth surrounding the circumstances of the smoke within that pic.

12. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

13. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

I’m not sure “defending” is the right word there more like attempting to explain how something like that could happen there.

Although I have no problem admitting I don’t “hate” all things Barstool like many do and personally consume a couple of the barstool podcasts and sports internet shows. Just like almost every diehard male sports fan of my generation.

14. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’m not a fan of them but I don’t hate them. To each his own

15. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

The founder sounds like an asshole, and their fans dogpile anyone who criticizes him on social media. Honestly haven’t spent much time engaging with their actual content.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

He is, and they are.

18. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Ok ok ok…I’ll forever roll with the official story moving forward on this photo. I swear this to the old gods and new. I should not have been the asshole on the playground telling all the kids Santa Clause isn’t real.

19. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Dave Portnoy? Oh yea he’s a gigantic asshole. But that’s also kinda the point of his character. He’s the quintessential MassHole Boston sports fan who happened to build an alternative sports media empire that is now enjoyed by nearly every American sports fan who are like 15-35 years in age.

20. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

My goodness I’ll be out of that age range next year…

But yeah, if it were just a bit, that would be one thing, but if that’s just who he is, I just don’t need to give him the clicks.