This is Fine

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Jan 27, 2021.

1. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

"I dunno I think I have done absolutely everything you can do to prepare for the day. I've updated our contacts, I have gotten quotes from supplies, I have sent out an e-vite for our big, grand opening pancake luncheon. Six yes's, one maybe, only eleven no's. And seven hundred and eighty-eight not-yet-replied's - but! Of that group, seven hundred and eighty-two have viewed it."

2. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

The most hilarious* part is that we did it all to ourselves. The NCAA has not once lifted a finger to put us in the position we are, and we are trending towards P5 doormat.

*If you're not a UT fan. Depressing if you are.

lylsmorr likes this.
  3. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No one can sabotage UT better than UT

A-Smith, Daddy Gee and hohenfelsvol like this.
  4. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If you are being accurate you say “We met with a lot of candidates and for a few there was enough interest to take it to a serious level of discussion. But ultimately we felt that 1 candidate was our best choice and we formally offered the position. Thankfully he accepted”

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

No AD will ever say that

hohenfelsvol likes this.
  6. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Not the last sentence anyway. The wording on the rest would probably be slightly different but that last sentence wouldn’t make the cut for sure.

7. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

I'm inclined to believe, White, flipped a coin and Huepel was Head and Tails!!!

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Peerless and Al are doing more harm to Tee than they can ever imagine.

I like Tee. Genuinely like the dude. The best thing for Tee Martin is to never coach at UT again, though.

9. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

How is a guy who has never been a head coach and is not a coordinator even remotely qualified to lead a P5 school like Tennessee - especially given the uncertainty of sanctions? It's such a stupid argument. Schools don't owe former players a token interview anytime the head coaching position opens up.

Memtownvol, lylsmorr and NorrisAlan like this.
  10. Savage Orange

I wouldn’t even accept an interview if I were Tee. Especially knowing it was just eyewash to check off the “we interviewed a minority” box... what an insulting experience that must be...

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Pretty good summary.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Tee earned the right to be heard out when he was one of two who gave up money last year.

I'm not saying he should be the head man. I am saying he's done enough to get a legitimate sit down for the spot.

InVolNerable likes this.
  13. IP

IP Super Moderator

There was no reason not to sit down with him. Especially if you are down to bringing in your dude from UCF.

14. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Giving up salary doesn't equate to getting a head coaching interview for me. Do appreciate his love for the university, though.

Memtownvol likes this.
  15. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He's earned the right for a legitimate interview.

You may not have earned the right for a job, but at least have the interview.

Tee has done that 1,000 times over IMO.

16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

If your national championship winning ex-QB, who is a coach at the university and trying to hold the team together, asks for an interview, you give him an interview.

17. Savage Orange

LEGITIMATE interview, though... it can’t be some “let’s talk to the black guy so folks can’t say we never talked to a black guy” thing. That’s BS. I hope Tee gets legitimate consideration for the UCF job actually...

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

One of the major factors Dr. White considered during his hiring process was, "is this person conveniently located for me to interview on the way to getting my kids to school?" Unfortunately, his kids are still enrolled in Orlando so Tee didn't make the cut. Pretty unfair.

NorrisAlan and A-Smith like this.