"This is for Allah"

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jun 4, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Watch the Prager video, even with a pinched nose, and to tell me where it's wrong.

2. Tenacious D

My old standby - dump 1 ton of pig shit on Mecca for every terrorist-related injury.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I'm not privy to the intelligence to say whether or not Qatr is a state sponsor of terrorism, but Trump doesn't bother to be privy to it either so I'm not sure how to take him asking other countries for anything.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

As long as he's giving a little curtsy to saudi Arabia, hard to give too much props for anything original.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Drone strikes make CNN far more regularly than anything the mostly anonymous air and ground guys could ever do.

The problem you describe is a career officer problem, where officers are trying to protect their careers, rather than have to stand tall and explain an action.

This didn't happen in WW2, because folks knew they were returning to something else, and not shooting for their star.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Interesting take.

And good point about the drones being wielded with all the grace of a can of RAID.

7. Tenacious D

Cite the personal source of this claim.

8. Tenacious D

If you truly believe that this latest action against Qatar has nothing whatsoever to do with Trump's visit / speech...I'm not sure what to say, or that could be said, to compel you to reexamine your position.

That the Arab world had failed to take any action on Qatar prior to Trump's visit, despite both their being a widely and well known state sponsor of terrorism and their unfettered ability to do so at any time, is inarguably true. Perhaps it's all a coincidence.

If you become that which you most despise - namely, dogmatic, intellectually dishonest and silly - then you will have inflicted far more harm on yourself - and your cause - than Trump could ever hope to do.

You're being lazy, here. Get your shit together.

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

14 years ago they were the host of the US coalition. Things change. He hasn't done shit to Saudi Arabia, who YOU and HE said were the BIGGEST sponsors of terrorism.

Was that not a mantra against Clinton and the Clinton foundation? Yes or no?

10. TennTradition

Fake news.

11. Tenacious D

Perhaps it's like so many other things where it just took a POTUS who was aware / sincere enough in wanting it to make mention of it, to get it done, or at least movement in that direction. The POTUS usually doesn't have to "do" anything to get that movement.

I don't recall any specific "mantra" against the Clinton's, other than they accepted millions of dollars in illegal funding from them.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

13. TennTradition

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Because Tenny forgot, here is trump saying Saudi Arabia was behind 9/11: http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-...reveal-saudi-arabia-1461071362-htmlstory.html

And in Trump's book, "Time to Get Tough: Make America Great Again!”, he called them the biggest funders of terror.

As I recall, Trump also jumped all over Clinton's leaked email that mentioned Saudi Arabia had been funding terror during the campaign.

And there was this: https://www.facebook.com/DonaldTrump/posts/10157164318560725

Just because you have forgotten.

15. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Qatar is like the one Arabic country you can get a beer in; of course Saudi said it was where extremism comes from...

16. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

[​IMG]

17. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It may not be wrong but one could call it myopic. He uses his experience in Pakistan to paint the whole picture whilst ignoring the recruitment trends across the greater middle east. They didn't show any stats to back up their stance, so at the very least I'd have to take it with a grain of salt considering the slant of that channel in general. Sure the terrorists involved in the major incidents in the west might largely be middle class and educated, but as IP said earlier, the perpetrators of terrorist acts in the ME are likely to be the impressionable impoverished. But if anyone has any concrete statistics to the otherwise, please share.

18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

It's not our job to create wealth but I'd say it is our job to make sure that we hit our target and nothing more. However, that is much much easier said than done. Really I'd rather just leave.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So Iran is saying Saudi Arabia is behind the attacks.

Buckle up, this could get interesting.

20. TennTradition

That can't be. The terrorists are non-Sunni. The Sunni's are going to lead Trump's fight against terrorism.

Look, I'm being hyperbolic because I dislike Trump, the positions of a portion of his base, and his leadership style. I don't buy Iran's claim - or certainly wouldn't without more data.