This is just stupid, imho.

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by JayVols, Feb 10, 2014.

1. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

When do I talk about intrusion? How does this remotely qualify as intrusion?

Who are those donors? What do they do for the state? How does helping them hurt Tennesseans?

As I said, you're making it up.

2. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Who are anti union campaign donors? Do you think these mysterious individuals give 1/100th of what the actual unions give? I'll hang up and listen.

3. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  4. IP

IP Super Moderator

The conservative gang bang is well under way. The governor and good senator are fighting unions out of their love of the average blue collar worker. So noble.

5. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

And unions are fighting out of their love of the average blue color worker?

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Yeah, the insincere portrayal of intentions certainly isn't exclusive.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What did welcoming unions help Detroit? Cleveland? Pittsburgh? Flint?

Unions are good for one thing: unions.

Not business, and not its members.

8. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Don't tell IP that his baby is ugly.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

When has a union helped the average blue collar worker in the past twenty years?

10. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Why in the hell is the blue collar worker the only one in the debate?

Passing this off as conservatives with the problem as your lone point has been that the lone people of interest in this are blue collar workers. Damn, those conservatives are crazy, not building everything around people you find more important than everyone else.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2014
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

Do I attempt to respond to 5 people at once?

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

No real need. You've actually avoided responding now for a few days.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

These are the busiest days for me, usually work 16 hours. I should join a union.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Wait til that university gravy train rolls in. Tenure forever.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

They hardly hire tenure track now.

16. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I have tenure. Here lately, I wish I only had to work 16 hours/day. I put in a minimum of 11-12 with the over being 18. Add in those hours & make it 6 sometimes 7 days/week and it gets long in a hurry. It's been exceptionally rewarding but extremely tiring with an addition of unacceptable levels of pain to boot. But, I'll keep going. I'm either too stubborn or too stupid to stop. Probably a combination of both truth be told.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2014
  17. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still want to know why it is a benefit to the average worker given their history of enrolment and the most likely outcome to the endgame.

I'm not against people looking to unionization, but unions have almost gotten to the points of being leaches for themselves in the name of the worker. They move from industry to industry sucking it dry, till they're looking for their next host.

The truth is without a foothold in the south their outlook is very bleak.

18. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I'm just busting chops there. Tenure is an awful idea for those who care about teaching and quality. It's for those unwilling to better the / their craft.

People willing to above and beyond any description to get the job done correctly likely abhor modern unions.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That's why we should coach cross country. That's the low hanging fruit

20. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I know. It's cool. Somebody has to take the bait or you'll get bored. I don't want that because I like having you around, thus; I'll bite.