This is not a good football team

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I think:

1. UF will do everything in it's power, and whatever is even somewhat reasonably possible, to keep the game in Gainesville.
    2. If it can't remain in Gainesville, I say it ends up in Atlanta.
    3. There may not have been a more aptly titled thread in the history of this, or any other, board. Or words ever spoken.
    4. I still think we beat UF (wherever it's played), USC, Mizzou, Vandy, and Kentucky - losing to UGA, Bama & LSU - and Butch keeps his job another year. He may even mess around and beat UGA or LSU. What do I base these predictions upon? Recent history. If something can continue the plunge our program into perennial mediocrity, it will happen. Butch Jones doesn't know WTF he's doing, never has, and never will. That's why he - and Tennesssee, for both hiring and giving him 5+ years - is a national laughingstock, and most coaches hate him. Whatever needs to happen to extend Butch's tenure here, will inevitably happen. Hide and watch.
    5. We looked like complete shit yesterday, and the general malaise wasn't just on the field, but in the stands. The entire beautiful home-opening day just seemed like a program and crowd that was running on purely nostalgic vapors, alone, out of an old and well-worn habit. It no longer seems like the place I remember, from just 10-15 years ago. At all.

2. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Have some nice players, but body language of team is off....feels like a group lacking leadership.

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Vandy or USCe, one of the two, if not both will beat us again this year.

4. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

Or a group that knows they're playing for a clown that has no business coaching them.

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

I DVR'd it; got home and decided I had crap around the house I needed to do... by that point, I realized I wasn't really missing anything out of my day and looked at the score... yay, we beat a high school team.

So, we looked horrible doing it? Even my friend that has been staunchly pro-Butch in past years is starting to hate on him... I can only hope this is a sign that his time is short.

6. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

[​IMG]

7. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Tennessee is already playing on fewer days rest, they aren't giving up another day.

And that argument should beat any desire of Flordia's to have it early.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Saturday in Neyland works.

9. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

Butch would take it in a heartbeat to have the built in excuse.

10. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

If not in Gainesville, the only place fitting and sufficient for the crap fest that is going to take place is Legion Field itself.

11. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I think unless the stadium is blown away or something drastic they try to play it in Gainesville.

12. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yeah. It'll be in Gainesville if they don't get tornadoes.

13. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

They definitely will try like hell to keep it in the swamp.

14. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would think it isn't damage that will keep the game from happening but perhaps just logistics. Hotel rooms will probably nonexistent.

15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

JK, Callaway, Trey Smiff, Jack Jones, Fils Aime, Ty, Taylor, Gaulden, Ignont, Nigel are the players the last 2 games that come to mind that look confident in what they are doing and look like they are at full effort. The rest look confused and passive, almost scared.

16. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

Not if it means having to go to the Swamp 2 years in a row. Because Shark Humper is gone after this year, all we need to do is to give a newbie 2 years at home against us.

17. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Florida opens -8.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Damn

19. Volnbama

Volnbama Contributor

Butch lets other teams dictate his game plan. Tennessee should have done whatever it wanted to against that team so the backups could get reps

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If Butch is here does it really matter?