This is [uck fay]ing Bullshit..

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by 7thgroupvolfan, Mar 11, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

A general rule of thumb for war should be pretty easy. Wars are destructive, not constructive, so, no matter how much effort you put into not doing so, you create new problems. As such, before engaging in war, you should effectively weigh the potential problems you will create with the ones that exist. If the ones you create are more of a hassle or worse than the ones already in effect, you don't go to war.

Bush didn't even bother to consider this. I still contend, based on his actions and characterization of 9/11 ("I was now a war time president", etc.) that he saw this as his opportunity to create a legacy as a wartime president and all the historical accolades that go with it. That's why he had to go big, even though the initial Special Forces activities in Afghanistan were being effective.

Either that, or he was just too [uck fay]ing stupid to know.

2. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I think your characterization of Bush may be a bit too simplistic. Don't mistake me as a Bush fan. I was not then nor will I ever be. However, there were some rabid hawks that had access to and great influence over Bush. Imo, chief among these was Cheney. I may be completely out in left field on this, but in my heart, I really feel that Cheney had significant influence over the military decisions of the Bush presidency. I have an exceedingly greater level of disdain for [penis] Cheney than I do George W. Bush.