This is what you get

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Mar 29, 2012.

1. IMISSTHEBOWLBROS

IMISSTHEBOWLBROS Contributor

So is Da'Rick really not on the team??

2. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

Depends upon who you believe. Supposedly, he is practicing in the morning according to Hyams, but according to Georgia State pundits, he is coming their way. And to top it all off, Dooley has technically suspended Da'Rick, but according to Dooley, not being allowed to practice until you meet certain parameters is not a suspension. So the guy that should know what to call it doesn't know what to call it, all the while, he loses more and more respect from his team per day that he lets this situation go on, thus potentially leading to the season blowing up before our very eyes in April.

3. VolFrmNashville

VolFrmNashville New Member

I guess he's back for now after he cleared up what he needed to. Who knows what he'll do next though. If he screws up again, Dooley won't have any option but to kick him off the team. If he doesn't after that, things could get ugly.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

Prediction: things get ugly.

5. VolFrmNashville

I know Dooley kicked off Janzen, but then again, Janzen wasn't recruited by Dooley. He brought in Da'Rick and he knows he's too talented to kick-off. There's still too many questions at WR. The other Rogers (Zach) is returning but he's not exactly a threat. We don't know if Hunter will be 100% and then it comes to a JUCO transfer and more freshman. I really don't want to see what happens if Da'Rick does something to warrant getting kicked off, but Dooley doesn't follow through with it.

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm not so sure Dooley had a choice with Janzen.

7. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He didn't.

9. kidbourbon

kidbourbon Well-Known Member

I've found myself defending Calipari all the time this year. I don't love doing it, but I'm just blown away when I hear people say he isn't a good coach. He's obviously a very very good coach...and in all aspects of coaching.

10. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Cal is the Teflon Don of college athletics.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm convinced that Calipari is an under-rated x's and o's coach.

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I don't think he's underrated as much as I think he's improved a lot the past couple of seasons.

Talent aside, his teams have looked a lot better on the offensive end of the court as a functioning unit recently.

13. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

I'm not. What does he do schematically that is so impressive?

14. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He's not a bad coach. He's definitely not in the upper-echelon of "x and o" coaches. It's just not very complicated to win when you're better at every position than everyone you play. But, recruiting is obviously a huge part of the job, and he does that better than everyone.

15. VolFrmNashville

Not just recruiting them, but getting all these extremely talented players to play as a team. Calipari makes it look easy.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's the key. They bust their ass on the defensive end for him.

Last edited: Apr 2, 2012
  17. VolFrmNashville

Yeah, they got it done tonight. Now starts the inevitable talk of "Calipari to the (Insert NBA team here)"

18. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

He gets them to play hard. That's just not an amazing endorsement to me. They do nothing special schematically on the defensive end. He simply has better players than the competition.

19. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Knicks. And if I was Cal, I'd get out now. It will get no better in Lexington.

20. VolFrmNashville

Yeah, Knicks would be my bet too. Cal just set the expectations for himself at Kentucky at almost unrealistic levels.