This tweet has me worried

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Apr 4, 2023.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He is basically the Ray Kroc of invisible fence. The guy is awesome.

2. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

The Ray Kroc of invisible fence who happens to come from our same cultural Tennessee background that gives a great damn about sports and winning. He gets it like few University Presidents typically can who come from a more traditional career academia background that naturally insulates them from fully recognizing the overall importance a solid athletic department will provide to schools like UT. He’s one of us and is exactly where he was meant to be. Strictly from a UT standpoint thank the heavens for Bill Lee riding his already established Middle TN name recognition to barely squeak out a win over him in that 2018 primary race.

My only fear now is that he may very well leave UT fairly soon in pursuit of the Governorship once Bill Lee finishes his last term. Because let’s face it: if he truly wants to be the next Governor of Tennessee he has a damn good shot at being elected next cycle.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2023
    Memtownvol, utvol0427 and zehr27 like this.
  3. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

4. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

OneForVol likes this.
  5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

NorrisAlan and PilotFlyingJ like this.
  7. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Sure it's good. That is unless Sankey is there to tell them that you'll be fighting us and them if you step out of line.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Any word at all on how it went?

9. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

Gag order until they release punishments in 6-8 weeks.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

What is the point of the gag order?

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

to control PR for the NCAA

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  12. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I imagine no news means we are getting better news. Penalties, potential legal actions, violations worse than already reported, and such are all juicy bits that will likely find their way out, bad news for Pruitt being less interesting than bad news for the program.

13. govols182

govols182 Honorary Mod

The meetings can last until Friday. Most believe they will wrap up sometime today.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

It would seem a shorter meeting is better. If the NCAA says that the direction will be not to punish student athletes not involved in wrongdoing then this is the test. We nuked everyone involved…except Fulmer. I hope we put our nuts on the table and come out with an apology. Pipe dream but the NCAA does not care about student athletes.

I guess I want it over but part of me wants it to blow up.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

This is a pipe dream as well.

16. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

18. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

All this over 60k

19. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Stupid bureaucrats

20. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I found Tennessee brining up potential legal action by NIL sponsors interesting. The NCAA is painted into a corner. It's just whether they realize it or not. I'm to the point I want them to fight in court any additional penalties regardless how minor.