This tweet has me worried

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by A-Smith, Apr 4, 2023.

1. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Thank god the NCAA is focusing on the major issues.

ole_orange and NorrisAlan like this.
  2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

If only we had murderers and fake degrees, we would be ok. But parking?

Death penalty.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not gonna lie, I kind of want a bowl ban to see the AA get wiped from existence.

gcbvol, ole_orange, utvol0427 and 4 others like this.
  4. CardinalVol

FWIW I’ll donate to either the legal fight or a fund to pay the fine as long as it’s called F the AA fund.

VOLinDAWGland and Memtownvol like this.
  5. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

An athlete accepting a hotdog off the grill before a football game at a tailgate belonging to a university “booster”? Ineligible af obviously according to the NCAA

Rescinding a bowl ban because it was “too much” for a football program unequivocally proven to have been working hand-in-hand with the actual university in order to cover up systemic, generational child rape? Appropriate obviously.

UNC being punished with a “mean letter” saying “you best not do that again lol” for generational academic fraud? Makes sense!

Clearly Tennessee deserves to be made an example here in order for the NCAA to remind everyone who is the boss! [uck fay] the NCAA thugs and crooks

TDVol1989 and A-Smith like this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Can you find a way to write my contribution off on my taxes?

7. CardinalVol

As long as it’s not for ticket privileges.

warhammer and zehr27 like this.
  8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Decision day. High Noon.

9. CardinalVol

We shall see. I mean, we’ve all but said we’re gonna lawyer up if they hit us hard.

after the punishments I’ve seen this better be a slap on the wrist.

10. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Hope it’s not the same lawyers as Tank has

11. CardinalVol

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

If the fine is a large dollar amount, take it to court anyway and make them show their work in regards to other punishments. Don't give an inch.

InVolNerable and NorrisAlan like this.
  13. NorrisAlan

Anything more than we have already done I would tell them to [uck fay] right off, that they will be completely dissolved in 5 years anyway and we don't give two [uck fay]s what you want us to do.

14. CardinalVol

Pruitt gets a 6 year show-cause.

NorrisAlan and justingroves like this.
  15. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

• Five years of probation.
    • A reduction in football scholarships by a total of 28 during the term of probation, including at least two scholarships each year.
    • Tennessee previously self-imposed and is credited with 16 scholarship reductions from the 2021-22 and 2022-23 academic years.
      • A reduction in football official visits by a total of 36 during the term of probation, including a reduction of at least four per year. Tennessee shall prohibit official visits in connection with a total of 10 regular-season home games, four of which must be against SEC opponents.
    • Tennessee previously self-imposed and is credited with a reduction of seven official visits from the 2021-22 academic year, and the school can be credited for any additional reductions in visits from the 2022-23 academic year if they were imposed in connection with regular-season home games.
      • A reduction in football unofficial visits by a total of 40 weeks during the term of probation, including at least six weeks per year. Tennessee shall prohibit unofficial visits in connection with 10 regular-season home games, four of which must be against SEC opponents.
    • Tennessee previously self-imposed and is credited with a six-week reduction in 2021 and two weeks during 2022, and the school can be credited for any additional reductions imposed for regular-season home games during the 2022-23 academic year.
      • A total 28-week ban on recruiting communications during the term of probation, including at least three weeks per year. This will include one week each in December and January and one week from March to June.
      • A total reduction in evaluation days by 120 during the term of probation.
    • Tennessee self-imposed and is credited with a reduction of 12 days in fall 2021 and eight days in spring 2022, and the school can be credited for any additional reductions it imposed during the 2022-23 academic year.
      • A six-year show-cause order for the former head coach. Should the head coach become employed in an athletically related position at an NCAA school during that show-cause order, he shall be subject to a suspension from 100% of the first season of his employment.
      • A five-year show-cause order for the former director of recruiting.
      • A 10-year show-cause order for the former assistant director of recruiting.
      • A two-year show-cause order for former assistant coach 3. Should he be employed by an NCAA member school during that period, he shall be prohibited from participating in on- and off-campus recruiting activities.
      • A vacation of all records in which student-athletes competed while ineligible. The university must provide a written report containing the contests impacted to the NCAA media coordination and statistics staff within 14 days of the public release of the decision.
      • An indefinite disassociation of booster 2 (self-imposed by the school during the 2021 football season).
      • Additional self-imposed penalties:
    • During the 2023-24 academic year, Tennessee shall forgo the purchase of advertising with all football postseason broadcasts in which it is a participant.
    • Each year of the probation term, an external group shall conduct a compliance review of the football program, with an emphasis on recruiting operations.
      • Each year of the probation term, Tennessee shall host an annual, mandatory compliance seminar with an emphasis on recruiting for all football staff (coaches, part-time and volunteer staffs included). Staff from either the NCAA national office or the Southeastern Conference office will be in attendance

16. CardinalVol

Fined $8M.

17. NorrisAlan

I would fight this with my last breath. Tell them to completely [uck fay] off.

18. NorrisAlan

I would fight this, too.

[uck fay] em.

19. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Wow that’s a lot for me to take in. Anybody want to give a summary of how we are affected now and next few years?

20. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Fine seems excessive to me. The details also seem excessive, but I have no basis for what would be reasonable.

A-Smith likes this.