Thoughts after the GT

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Sep 5, 2017.

1. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Tom Landry didnit to stop lombard's sweep so the center couldn't block back and the DT could follow the guard stopping the cut back.

Teams just started checking to the pass, since they couldn't get a pass rush so far back.

The flexbone was still the wishbone while he was using the flex dline.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

When Austin Smith went down I said it sucked for him but it actually got the better player on the field.

3. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Shoop looked extremely frustrated. I'm thinking his game plan was not going as he hoped and his adjustments were not working as well. Our tackling outside a few guys still sucks pretty bad as well. Hopefully see more of what I expect against a more traditional offense.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Byrd doesn't seem to have made much impact at WR and there is a lot of young talent there. Seems to have questionable hands, too. I wonder if moving him to corner would work.

5. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He would certainly be better than Martin or Moseley

6. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Seems like every Spring or Summer dating back to Fulmer we hear about some defender that's turned into a beast. Then we play the games... and you see Justin Martin is still Justin Martin.

7. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Speaking of, did Justin have some Twitter shenanigans last season? Arguing with fans maybe?

8. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Exactly.

9. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Kelly needs it 25 times a game.
    Chandler needs 10.

10. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I still want to know what we hang our hat on with our offense.

It just seems like a grab bag of plays with no real identity.

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Kelly should get around 30 touches a game.

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

the teams I grew up on. Harvey Martin, Randy White, Too Tall, Bruenig, Hollywood, Charlie Waters, Everson Walls, Newhouse, Dorsett, Preston Pearson, Drew Pearson, Tony Hill, Billy Jo Dupree, Ron Springs..I'm sure I mixed up a few but Landry was my guy and my team, until Danny White took over and I just never liked him too much.

13. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Curveballs, changeups, and sliders without a fastball

14. dc4utvols

dc4utvols Contributor

Danny White was Romo before Romo. Above average QB that was never going to win a SB. But think of what we had after Danny while in the wilderness. Hogeboom and Pelluer. Throw in Babe, Quincy Carter, Ryan Leaf and White looks awesome.

15. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I asked this very question during the game day chat.

IP gave the best answer, IIRC: "We run three random plays and see if we made a first down. Repeat."

16. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Run a play, if it works, never ever ever run it again. They might be expecting it.

17. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Yes.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

Three plays as fast as we can, then see if we got a first down. Gotta be fast, tenny. Fast! Night moves, but ALL DAY.

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Our offensive identity is a team that wants to be a fast pace team to put others on their heels but not capable of doing it. Seems pretty clear to me.

20. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

You'd think that Butch would have been forced to answer the question of what our offensive identity is, at some point before his fifth season. Like, by a reporter, his boss, or during his 2 hour interview with Hart before being offered the gig.