Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 30, 2021.

1. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

I dunno, maybe he gets better at red zone playcalling, but he is what he is in regards to clock management. It won us the Kentucky game, and it lost us this one.

2. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I think we need to stop going to bullshit bowl games like this one. Win more games next year and go to a better game.

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I've also decided that I'm petty enough that if I owned/was CEO of an business that used transperfect I'd call Monday to void out contact. When they asked why I'd tell them because they spoke sponsored this bowl game.

A-Smith and Memtownvol like this.
  4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Besides being way too passive on defense, I thought we played pretty solid.

That’s two games this year that was robbed from us by the refs and we’re not talented enough to over come that

Memtownvol likes this.
  5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I'm not as mad because Purdue is a pretty good offense and team, and this defense + OL is still hilariously undermanned

VOLinDAWGland likes this.
  6. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Yeah but they were down to like their 5th and 6th WR. And their WR that torched us was playing with a broken leg all game.

7. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

What. The. Actual. [uck fay].

8. LawVol16

LawVol16 Member

This. We win going away with just an average performance from the RT. I hate to rag on the kid because he’s a walk-on that should never be in that position, but he got abused all night.

Memtownvol likes this.
  9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's been bad all year. Again he's a walk-on and shouldn't really be in that position, but gah we are so bad with him playing.

10. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Fortunately for them they got to go against McCullough, Burrell and Flowers.

11. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I don’t know what everyone is so mad about. It’s like y’all don’t know the most important rule of football. You play until the official determines forward progress was stopped

12. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

13. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I just don’t get it. If the official deems that forward progress has been stopped, why the [uck fay] doesn’t he blow the whistle?

Daddy Gee and Memtownvol like this.
  14. Savage Orange

If they ghost-“reviewed” that play, every single one of the schmucks on that officiating crew need to be hunted down and beaten with tire irons.

A-Smith likes this.
  15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I admire your restraint here

16. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean he says it’s “common”

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'll say something that I've yet to read or hear from anyone but I feel like Hendon Hooker played with as much poise as anyone could have had in his situation tonight. He isn't a drop back passer but a lot of situations tonight required him to deliver a ball while he was being hit or while knowing he was about to be planted. There are some things that he's never going to do well but tonight he showed me that he's still working to become a complete quarterback.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. Savage Orange

He did make some chicken salad out of chicken (stuff) today, but he also showed why coming back for another season was a wise decision in his part, and that’s not in any way a knock on him. He can only do so much with what he’s working with…

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

He continues to prove me wrong. Before the season I deemed him the least likely QB candidate to be successful. I was wrong. Recently I said his success is from the system. While that's not incorrect, his play tonight leads me to believe that that statement won't be an accurate one before his time here is over.

20. emainvol

emainvol Administrator

I’m good with beating all officials with tire irons, if I’m being honest