Thoughts

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Dec 30, 2021.

1. dknash

dknash Chieftain

You ever get scared any of your players are actually hurt?

2. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

22 days till kickoff! Just 528 hours!

3. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

If UF beats Utah, and we crush Pitt……that 9/24 Saturday is going to be epic
    Maxim posting ground.

4. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

We aren't beating Florida. Thought it would take them a month to ramp up, but they're at the 9-10 win level immediately.

5. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We can score a bit with them, but their QB is going to be a problem. That’s a game that we can lose and still be pretty good, but I’m not sure it’s a game we can have no chance and still be pretty good.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Define "pretty good."

7. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Pretty much makes Pitt a must win game now. I had Florida as a probable win, now a probable loss. Richardson might run for 200 on our defense.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Billy is a good coach

9. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

This happens every year. Week 1 there’s a guy that everyone is convinced is the next Cam Newton/Johnny Manziel/Vince Young and the dude ends up having a completely mediocre to bad season. Richardson might be great but I wouldn’t anoint him just yet.

justingroves likes this.
  10. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

As a TN fan I can’t imagine ever, under any circumstance, listing UF as a “probable win.”

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Just proves again how important qb is. Dobbs carried UT and Butch. Played great and beat ga and UF. Fla qb looked scary last night for sure. Need ky to dink him up a little. You almost want to build a wall and not rush upfield on him. Buying time looked easy to him. If he’s not at qb, they look below average and their coach doesn’t look so good.

12. KyleAlexanderfan

He did freakish things last year too before his injury.

HCKevinSteele likes this.
  13. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

We could be a top 15 team and lose to Florida. I don’t think we can be a top 15 team and get drastically outplayed by Florida.

ptclaus98 likes this.
  14. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

Florida ain’t winning 9-10. The PAC 12 is shit.

justingroves likes this.
  15. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Yeah but it isn't Cal we're talking about. Utah is better than every OOC team we've played since OU, and our record since then is atrocious. This was supposed to be a Florida program in tatters, and they did more than we've done in 15 years in their first game out.

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

We gave up 195 on the ground to Corral last year. Richardson might have 200 by halftime.

17. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I don't believe that anything resembling that will happen. We're at a much better place defensively and they just got something close to a perfect game from Richardson. He'll have to duplicate that to beat us in Knoxville on the 24th.

Volokie and TDVol1989 like this.
  18. KyleAlexanderfan

How so?

And Richardson missed on quite a few throws - so he wasn't that great through the air. He can definitely improve. I think Utah has a better defense than we do. They also have a better offensive line/rushing attack.

19. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

We're better there because of numbers and development. We can rotate front line defenders with no real drop off and we're getting competent play from both LBs. Those areas compare very favorably to what we were facing at this point last season when we were still depending on Elijah Simmons.

20. KyleAlexanderfan

Well that doesn't say much if our d-line isn't very good to begin with, which I don't think it is.

LBs still tbd but I don't see it against good teams. Richardson will make Beasley look like the Beasley from last season.