Thursday night games

Discussion in 'Sports' started by WM, Sep 1, 2011.

1. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Kentucky is terrible. Good lord, someone buy a QB. The sanctions would be less dreadful than their actual players.

2. WM

WM Active Member

OMG! Newton for Heisman.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I'll be damned.

4. WM

WM Active Member

Best Amazon gift card Kentucky has spent.

5. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Kudos on the name, La'Rod.

6. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

Piss on this game. It was more fun when Kentucky less than 30 yards in 45 game minutes.

7. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I like the brand on O, but they just don't bring the wheels on D, like the rest of the Big 10.

8. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Miss St./LSU ought to be a good one in Starkville next week. Not a great slate of Thursday nighters this year...I think USC and Cal hook up later in the year, that could be decent.

9. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

Isn't every year supposed to be the year Mike Stoops has a good team?

10. volfanjo

volfanjo Chieftain

He's like the only person in Arizona that has a job and he's pretty terrible at it. I would hate him if I lived there.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

To be fair to Stoops, he lost his best WR to an appendectomy earlier in the week

12. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

pac-12 is an absolute joke.

13. IP

IP Super Moderator

The Pac 12 looks horrible on paper so far. Could a team like Utah capitalize on their new stage?

Honestly, If Cal can get it together the whole conference is up for grabs.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm not convinced utah is the same team it was even a couple of years ago. i bet they play SC close, but i'm not sure that will mean anything.

doubt cal will ever get it together with tedford as coach. unless by getting it together you mean 8-4 seasons.

15. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

asu has a tendancy to crap the bed in such situations and their offense is less than impressive. mizzu shouldn't be ranked though.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do not buy Arizona schools when football is the market. It has yet to steer me wrong.

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

last night jessie palmer said he felt arizona was a program on the rise. i almost spit out my beer. the logic of "it's warm and the chicks are hot so they must recruit well" just doesn't live up to reality. both asu and ua despite having some of the lowest admission requirements in the pac-12 are still well below cal, ucla, usc, and oregon and even stanford and UW when it comes to recruiting at this point. hell burfict would be in a usc uniform if usc admissions didn't reject him. yet they still can't regurally break the top 25.

18. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Love some SEC action.

19. tidwell

tidwell Chieftain

I still somewhat believe in MSU despite the big egg they laid last week. They were just looking ahead to the other Tigers. Yeah, that's it.

Talent disparity says it shouldn't be close, but think it will be. If it's a LSU blowout, I will cut ties with MSU.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The score may not indicate it, but MSU is going to get manhandled.

I see LSU winning something like 24 to 10 but the outcome is never in doubt.