Tigers vs. Tiguahs

Discussion in 'Sports' started by CardinalVol, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

upload_2020-1-13_11-21-25.gif

The only Kahn anyone needs to know.

warhammer and hohenfelsvol like this.
  2. Tenacious D

TIL midgets are tiger leftovers.

3. Tenacious D

Clemson by 7.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I would like to congratulate the 2019 Football Season National Champions, your LSU Tigers!

5. Tenacious D

Ohio State’s defense is markedly better than LSU’s, and Clemson still pretty much had to stop itself.

Ohio State’s a better overall team than LSU, both offensively and defensively. LSU’s offense is one dimensional. It looks unstoppable, for sure - but so do all one dimensional offenses. Right up until they’re stopped, that is.

Clemson can score with LSU’s offense.

Clemson won’t be afraid of LSU or that crowd. Even if they get down early, they’ll keep fighting. How many teams fought LSU for 4 quarters? When was the last one?

Clemson’s defense will be the toughest that LSU has faced all season. (Yes, that includes Bama). They won’t stop them, but they’ll have a chance to slow them down and frustrate them. Can LSU’s defense say the same against Clemson’s offense (the answer isn’t “No”, it’s “hell no”).

Until Trevor Lawrence is beaten, I don’t believe that he can be beaten.

The game being at home for LSU essentially cancels out Clemson’s deeper / better experience in big games.

Home crowds are great when you get good energy, but when you get a little frustrated and you start to feel them get antsy, it turns on you and only ratchets up the pressure. LSU fans think they’ve got this one won. That’s usually the kiss of karmic death. Let’s see.

How well will LSU play in a tight game against an equivalent opponent? Let’s find out.

Were it in the Rose Bowl, or another far-away neutral site, I’d like Clemson by 10+.

Joe Burrow is absolutely amazing. The most deserving Heisman candidate in a long, long, long time. Do you know what else he is? A perennial backup at Ohio State who couldn’t see the field. He’s both of those people. Y’all just think he was born this year, or that Urban Meyer sat him all those years because he suddenly forgot what a great QB looked like. My ass.

Clemson is a more talented team, top to bottom, they’ve got better coaches, have infinitely more experience, and will come into the game with a monstrous chip on their shoulder. That’s why they’ll win.

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

LSU by 10

7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

LSU isn't one dimensional. Obviously, the throw game is their forte, but they have a RB with 1300 yards and 16 TDs on the ground. As a team, 167.1 yards per game on the ground and a 4.9 avg.

8. Tenacious D

This LSU team...

Beat an 8-5 and unranked Texas team by 7, while surrendering 38pts

Beat a 9-4 Auburn team by 3.

Whalloped Vandy....but gave up 38 points. To Vandy. Vanderbilt University put up 38 points on these cats.

They gave up 41 to a Tua-less Bama team.

They gave up 37 to Ole Miss.

Hell, they gave up 20pts to Arkansas.

Y’all think Clemson is at least as good as these teams?

At least?

No? I’m the asshole? Got it.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Clemson is going to try to do what Ole Miss did, but I dont know if Tlaw can run that much vs lsu and play the whole game, especially on turf

10. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I'll take LSU by 20

11. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Clemson hasn't faced anything like they are about to face tonight either.

The passing game plus a 1,300 yard rusher.

NorrisAlan likes this.
  12. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Tua played the entire game against LSU.

InVolNerable likes this.
  13. Tenacious D

Through the regular season, Clemson’s Etienne has outrushed LSU’s Helaire by 250yds.

Rushing Yards / Att / AYPR / Rank
    Clemson
    : 3,446 / 538 / 6.41 ypr / 11th
    LSU: 2,338 / 481 / 4.86 ypr / 60th

Passing Yards / Att / AYPR / Rank
    Clemson
    : 4,091 / 472 / 13.28 ypr / 19th
    LSU: 5,561 / 518 / 14.08 ypc / 2nd

LSU might be nearly 50/50 in attempts, but when it comes to yards gained from scrimmage....

LSU
    RUSHING: 29%
    PASSING: 71%

To compare, here’s Clemson ratio of offensive yards gained from scrimmage:

CLEMSON
    RUSHING: 45%
    PASSING: 55%

Or we can look at the “balance” between rushing and passing TD’s.

LSU ( total / % of all)
    RUSHING TD: 31 / 36%
    PASSING TD’s: 56 / 64%

For comparison...

CLEMSON (total / % of all)
    RUSHING TD’s: 42 / 51%
    PASSING TD’s: 40 / 49%

Does LSU’s getting 70% of its offensive yards and 65% of its scores strike you as being “balanced”?

Clemson would gladly pay LSU $100k for every rushing attempt they have tonight.

14. Tenacious D

Does Tua play defense?

15. CardinalVol

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

No he doesn’t. I was just correcting your misstatement about Tua not playing against LSU. I mean after all it was just the biggest game of the year. You would think that a die hard sports fan such as yourself would have remembered him playing.

17. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I didn't say they were balanced, they obviously lean heavy on Burrow which I admitted was their strength. You said LSU was one dimensional and I was pointing out that they are not.

18. CardinalVol

I'm just looking forward to how Venables hides his 0* free safety tonight, cause me thinks LSU is going to try to make his life miserable.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Clemson also scored a grand total of 21 points to 7-6 (in the ACC) North Carolina. They beat Texas A&M 24-10 while LSU beat them 51-7. Hell, Tennessee scored more points on the South Carolina defense than did Clemson.

I mean, if we're going to do meaningless analogies and transitive properties....

20. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

#19 and #24 will be picked on in the passing game all night unless Dabo has some bracketing tricks or gives them help.