Tim Banks

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Oct 21, 2021.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

In cannot be understated how well his unit has performed this year given what is there and what was expected of them. We talk a lot about the offense, but the defense has done all you could reasonably hope for, and honestly, has exceeded it. He has done a tremendous job of coaching.

TDVol1989, zehr27, AbeFroman and 5 others like this.
  2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

He's done great, and has been surrounded by former coordinators and great position coaches. Perfect opportunity for him.

zehr27 likes this.
  3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

There is a clear standard for effort and they have everyone hitting it on every play.

zehr27 and CardinalVol like this.
  4. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

There were people predicting UT to have the worst defense in modern SEC history.

If you had told me two months ago that Ole Miss would score 7 second half points, I would’ve asked the bartender for whatever you had.

zehr27 and Tar Volon like this.
  5. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

The S&C staff deserves props too. We’ve got some kids playing 80-100 snaps and still playing competitively.

6. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

BSIA [itch bay]es! But in all seriousness, this group of coaches has done great so far. They've made Tennessee football something to look forward to on Saturday again.

7. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I fully expect this staff to have a gameplan that gives us the best shot to win. There has only been a handful of times I could have said that in a long LONG time.

Lexvol likes this.
  8. Lexvol

Lexvol Super Moderator

We have legit coaching on both sides of the ball for the first time since Chaney and Wilcox. What was that? 2012?

TDVol1989 and zehr27 like this.
  9. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I can’t even think about all the coaching/player talent that has come through here in the past 15 years that was absolutely squandered by doofus head coaches….

It’s just too depressing.

10SEvols, Lexvol and Memtownvol like this.
  10. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

Yeah, I did that the other day looking at the 2016 squad. Hurt my heart.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

2010 and 2011

12. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

You just did

IP likes this.
  13. Ssmiff

Yes I've questioned few D calls. Players know what they are doing and swarm. It's Banks and also the culture JH is trying to build where players finally play for each other.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That's where I'm leaning. Prior to that I suppose you could say 09 and '10 but before then I'm not really sure because Chavis did whatever the hell he wanted regardless of the strengths of the opposition. So I suppose you'd hafta go with the triumvirate of Fulmer/Cutcliff/Marmie in '94.

Lexvol likes this.
  15. Ssmiff

#2 in tfls in D1 this year

TDVol1989 and Memtownvol like this.
  16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Wish we could have figured out a way to hold Corral to about 50 yards less of rushing Saturday, but overall the D is flying around and arriving with attitude. Refeshing to see a pulse on that side of the ball again.

Also Banks loves football. He is like Jauan Jennings in the sense that he was born to play football.

17. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

I've enjoyed watching Banks figure it out at LB this year. Love the edge he plays with.

Memtownvol likes this.
  18. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Listen, it sucks, but the D still put the offense into three positions to take the lead/win the game. That's all we asked for at the start of the season and they've done a great job at it.

Memtownvol, Tar Volon, Ssmiff and 3 others like this.
  19. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

FB_IMG_1634993594825.jpg
    Wrong thread, but whatever. My hate knows no boundaries.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2021
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Corral left with a limp and a game deciding turnover overturned by idiotic officials.