Time to Play Dormady

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Low Country Vol, Sep 26, 2015.

1. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

This. Every quarterback to attempt this system has struggled against decent competition. I also remember thinking the offense was success by accident the few times I saw his offense at Cincinnati.

2. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Dobbs misses open guys multiple times per game. As shitty as the offense is, an accurate passer would help it.

3. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Too late.

4. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

The charts say stick with Dobbs

5. Volguy1971

Volguy1971 Sith Lord

If Dobbs had thrown to a wide open Preston Williams in the 1st, that boy is in Nashville still running with the ball. He was that wide open.

6. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Wide. Open.

7. Low Country Vol

Low Country Vol Contributor

You guys wanting to keep Dobbs are just as stubborn as Botch. Three games of inneffective throws down the field against quality opponents have yielded three losses. At this point what do you have to lose?

8. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Dormady will get kilt behind that offensive line

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'm no QB guru, but is there something wrong with his mechanics? How the hell is he so inaccurate? It's just mind boggling.

10. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I want Dormady to not be ruined by this staff

11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I think most of it is play calling. I think Dobbs could be successful but we never have any damn rhythm and dumbass play calling to put us into obvious passing situations that expose our online when they can just pin their ears back.

12. Low Country Vol

He can not hit open receivers. Period.

13. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

That and we in and out so many different WR sets the timing is always off, imo

14. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

I'm beyond caring about personnel decisions. Lyle's a grown ass man. Let his decisions be his own. That's the only way it'll be anyway. He's too stupid-obstinate to do otherwise anyway, and he thinks all of you are to stupid to understand his genius.

15. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Exactly. Keep his ass on the bench, waiting on the next coaching staff. No point in taking the risk in turning him into a head case by throwing him to the wolves behind this oline and with this coaching staff.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think that and the playcalling (always in obvious pass situations) has a lot to do with it.

17. Low Country Vol

There are no excuses for Dobb's inaccuracies. He missed Hurd running in stride at least two times.