Timing

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Jan 2, 2012.

1. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

Oh well, it was a nice feeling for a few hours, to have thought we were proactive and we were able to sign Shannon so quickly. I wish someone woulda smack Dooley in the mouth during that press conference. At least he released Arnett to MSU or Michigan to avoid that PR nightmare.

2. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Not sure I understand. I didn't see it, but this wasn't what TenD's recap of the presser said. Also, avoiding the PR nightmare sailed some time ago.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think Shannon is a fine dc. I want the next hc to bring him in though. I can see Dooley getting fired after MSU, Shannon being named interim, then being stuck with him for 3 years after the annual November win streak

4. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

From memory, he said something like, "We've carved out a release for DeAnthony" - but was non-specific as to what that meant, or where.

5. LawVol13

LawVol13 Chieftain

Just watched the presser on UTSports. He was asked point-blank if he released Arnett to Michigan or Michigan State and he responded, "Yes."

6. tennesseevolman

tennesseevolman New Member

Going off Stranges tweets, it sounded as if Dooley had released Arnett to go to MSU or Michigan now. Before, it was a MAC only offer, with stipulations of not playing for a team that we actively recruit against, like MSU or Michigan.

7. volfanbill

volfanbill Active Member

Arnett has also released a statement showering Dooley and Tennessee with praises. There's even a link on ESPN's front page. Whether Arnett wrote the piece or not, well that's up for grabs, but the PR nightmare has definitely eased a little.

8. joevol320

joevol320 New Member

lets hope dooley can hit a home run with his 2 hires.

9. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Thanks.

10. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Stand corrected.

Thanks, Cotton.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator