TMac placed on the PUP list

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tmac61, Oct 26, 2015.

1. Tmac61

Tmac61 Has Credentials- Walter Effin Cronkite

I'm beginning to wonder how many on this board actually follow UT football...

Missed time this year for injury...

QB-N/A
    RB-Abernathy
    Wr-North, Williams, Johnson, Smith, Perry, croom, Blanc
    TE-N/A
    OL-Sanders, Kendrick, Wiseman, Robertson
    DL-Butcher, McKenzie, Tuttle, Phillips, Maggitt, Saulsberry
    LB-N/A
    DB-Kelly, Gaulden, Martin, Miller, McNeil.

So thats 22 players who have missed significant playing time this year. I'd say that's a bad year for injuries.

2. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I meant i'm not sure why being injured in the preseason meant his was discounted from this discussion

3. JohnnyQuickkick

and that's all well and good, but sometimes the next man just isn't as good

4. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Do you have something to compare this to?

Previous UT teams, other current rosters across the conference?

5. Tmac61

I'm sure I could find something if not for my general desire to not take on any task that requires patience and effort.

6. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I ll be honest. Im too lazy to look. Probably why its being glossed over by many.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Here's the injuries that happened in game:

Robertson got rolled up, which happens to OL. Abernathy twisted an ankle getting tackled against BGSU. North got hammered trying to catch a pass that was thrown behind him. Maggitt suffered a fluke injury. Phillips landed awkwardly diving to make a tackle (it's also an injury from high school that was surgically repaired this spring). Tuttle was hurt on a low block.

Williams, Butcher and Perry are recovering from injuries from high school. I do not know the exact injury that kept Williams from playing last Saturday, though.

Blanc has never been healthy. Saulsberry is now a student coach due to never being healthy in his time here.

Kelly had an infection from getting his tonsils removed.

Croom is recovering from a knee injury suffered in bowl practice.

Jackson and Sanders have torn bicep tendons, those aren't too uncommon for linemen. You could argue that means steroids, but not necessarily.

Weisman always seems to get up slow holding something three or four times a game.

Those are the injuries we saw happen or have come about due to previous conditions. Those aren't going to cause any alarms to go off for me.

Now, the injuries that happened during fall practice or in season practice, you could say is due to poor S&C or asking players to do something they shouldn't be doing.

8. Tmac61

Too long. Did not read.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

13 of the 22 injuries you're asking about happened during a game, are common for the position or from existing injuries from high school.

Gaulden, Martin, Miller, McNeil, McKenzie, North the first time, Johnson, Smith and Croom are legitimate questions.

10. Tmac61

Oh well that makes everything ok then...

3-4

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch is chop blocking wide receivers and defensive backs in practice, actually. He thinks that makes them "Tennessee Tough" as he likes to say.

12. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Is this the first year you've followed Tennessee, or football in general? I've seen nothing to suggest that the injuries have been significantly higher this year than with previous Tennessee teams, or even significantly higher than the rest of FCS this season.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Not sure all of those missed "significant" time. A lot of those were one game. And a lot of others aren't big time contributors.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2015
  14. JohnnyQuickkick

?

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I am beginning to wonder if he even knows what the sport of football is.

16. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You wouldn't hear about it, because you don't know the Perry, Abernathy, Sanders, Saulsberry, or whatever other low-level contributor on most other SEC teams and ESPN isnt going to report on it, unless a Nick Chubb level guy gets hurt.

17. JohnnyQuickkick

it's a quarter of the scholarship roster, seems like a lot to me, but i don't know what to compare it with

18. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I have spoken. And it is so. Or possibly I meant to type "a lot of those".

19. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

We've got a new frontrunner for dumbest thongs I've read yet.

I've never considered how many injuries er have. 22 seems like a lot, just not as many season ending ones.

Apparently some debate on how injured some really are.

20. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Wish I got to read more thongs.