TN vs. UK

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Nov 3, 2019.

1. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

[​IMG]

2. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

I mean honestly the defensive game plan shouldn’t be too dissimilar to last season. Attack the line of scrimmage and dare the quarterback to beat you. If he does, tip your hat and call it a night. I do think the offensive line needs to play a lot better than they did last night. I fully expect Maurer to start. If he does, Tennessee should win, and pretty comfortably.

3. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

The running QB worries me a bit out of habit, but this isn’t a guy that’s going to be tucking it on pass plays so much. We’ve done pretty well against one-dimensional offenses.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’m still not ready to call any conference road game a gimme until I see it with my own eyes.

5. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'm as cautious as the next guy but this needs to be an ass beating.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

I’m getting there. We’ve played a full month of consistently solid football. I can’t remember the last time I saw that.

Memtownvol likes this.
  7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They'll swing at a few, then realize he's what they're going to get

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The first 4 games Tyler Bray started

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

UK: 24
    TN: 3

TN’s offense won’t be able to run the ball and we’ll throw 2-3 picks, trying to force it downfield.

UK’s mobile QB will consistently avoid the rush and gash us.

Beechervol likes this.
  10. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

[​IMG]

11. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

All you left out was Pruitt changing QBs so often it prevents any consistency on offense.

12. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

That UK wr/qb has gained confidence and runs with authority. He needs to be smothered down early. Their o line imo is under rated, it isn’t going to be easy. I’d rate UK a higher fpi than miss st or sc without looking.

13. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

Sounds very plausible

14. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Probably wont even let it on the plane with the team. Don't even Fed-Ex it, USPS it back, so it only has a 60/40 chance of making it.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Jennings says [uck fay] you

16. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

FPI:
    South Carolina 28
    Mississippi State 29
    Kentucky 40

chavisut likes this.
  17. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

The BVS is strong with some in this thread. Kentucky is not good. They Had to scrap and fight, in Lexington, to beat a god awful Arkansas team. They got their shit pushed in by both SC and MS State. Bowden certainly gives them a dynamic they didn’t have with Smith at QB, but I like Pruitt’s chances against a one dimensional offense.

On the other side of the ball, their rush defense is ranked 82nd in the country. Their 3rd down defense is ranked 80th in the country. Unless Tennessee reverts back to the team we saw against GA St, they’re not losing on Saturday.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  18. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

I guess you’ll eventually get one of these right.

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

This is what Kentucky fans are saying

OneForVol likes this.
  20. hohenfelsvol

hohenfelsvol Beer run

Vols 35
    KY 17

justingroves likes this.