TN vs. UK

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by BigOrangeBeech, Nov 3, 2019.

1. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

I like Pruitt's ability to scheme against a run heavy offense.

I hate our QB situation.

UT 13-10

2. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ky dominates TOP on a tired defense and jinxy plays 75% of the game.
    24-17 L

3. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Cements a UT win.

TennyVFL

justingroves and hohenfelsvol like this.
  4. justingroves

justingroves supermod

One or two good friends on the roster and UK was willing to deal with his handler

5. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Pruitt and Ansley will absolutely annihilate any offense that is one-dimensional.

utvol0427, MaconVol and justingroves like this.
  6. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

I totally understand being worried about the offense if JG is under center.

But I just don't see any way their offense is gonna consistently move the ball against our defense without a passing game. If JG plays, it very well could go down to the wire, because I just don't see a lot points scored. If we can get Maurer back, I'd feel a lot better, but I think we win either way.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

If they don't have to fear the forward pass, there will be 8 men at the line of scrimmage all night

8. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I expect they will throw a couple of wrinkles in early with the week off. If we weather those and settle in we should be fine on that side.

After Saturday it just feels like they are giving JG a second shot. I think it boils down to turnovers and they are scared of Shrout.

If UT plays a clean game on offense they should win the game.

PilotFlyingJ likes this.
  9. Ssmiff

to be fair, Shrout should have had 2 picks. But I would still rather see him. Plus he looked more agile than expected and won't throw balloon balls 10 yards behind open Callaway on a post. Good gracious take your drop, look left, maybe pump for the first time in your life and sling it so your wr can run under and catch it. Try to overthrow a deep receiver please. This hold, hold, hold, then throw up for grabs with a player open is as tiresome as anything.

10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I think playing #2 was the right move the way that game presented itself. Only way it gets interesting is turning the ball over, and JG hasn’t usually been bad about that between the 20s. It’s painful to watch though.

Also UAB didn’t play us in the back like SC did.

If they need to put points on the board might have to go more risk/more reward.

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

But dear god, JG is a turnover machine inside the Red Zone. Seems he has thrown away 28-35 points this season on turnovers in the endzone alone.

BUT, in hindsight, I think he was the right guy for UAB. Just don't lose the game and get within kicking distance.

12. Ssmiff

It was 35 pts the first 2 weeks

PilotFlyingJ and Memtownvol like this.
  13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Bill Clark is a better defensive coach than Will Muschamp. He didn't leave his outmanned corners on islands against NFL receivers. So, you dink and dunk and rely on a defense that's killing them.

14. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

The Vols have been up for several games in a row. Can’t do that forever. A flat looking 30-7 win against a decent team and playing it safe with JG was basically the script. It’s Kentucky and barring serious ineptitude at the HC post, they aren’t winning.

I don’t think anyone has been as critical of Pruitt as me. But, apparently the lightbulb flashed on and he seems to be very determined to win out. I just don’t think KY is better and Neither Dooley nor Jones are on our sideline. Last week was a mental bye.

Vols - 33
    KY - 13

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I do think the officiating in the Alabama game pissed Pruitt off to the point of "[uck fay]'em we're winning out"

16. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

How many times did JG get set up with extraordinary field position only to piss away a TD opportunity with UT already in FG range? JG is the football equivalent of dry humping.

PilotFlyingJ and Memtownvol like this.
  17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Tennessee's first two scoring drives actually went a combined -4 yards, without penalties. That's an amazing statistic.

18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Kicker wanted a better angle.

19. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Yeah he’s awful in the red zone, but a couple of short fields and a defensive touchdown were the only way UAB gets in that game.

justingroves and NorrisAlan like this.
  20. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

Maurer has to play, simple as that. He clearly demonstrated he was a better QB with his play and he should be cleared to go. Thinking JG, on his 15th chance, has, somehow, turned the corner, will blow a considerable amount of goodwill Pruitt has built up the past few weeks.

utvol0427 likes this.