Today I learned

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Indy, Apr 24, 2013.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's extremely stupid, to me, to go pick a farm raised deer to go kill. I don't know how people find it exciting.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My uncle used to raise goats of some sort that grew big horns. He sold them to places out west that did guided hunts. Things were as docile as any farm raised goat could be.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

all over the west. There are people who live a fantasy, equating it with stalking and hunting wild animals.

but that being said, the line has been further blurred by states intentionally jacking up game populations through feeding and such. Hell, I don't think duck hunting would remain viable for long without all the federal assistance it gets. Deer were pretty rare in the south 100 years ago, prior to state management ramping up.

5. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

Turkey is another. I remember being a kid and asking my dad why turkey was listed on the license. I don't recall having seen one in the wild until I was an adult.

6. RockyHill

RockyHill Loves Auburn more than Tennessee.

I mean not to say that they were at there current numbers pre-1900 but part of the reason they were rare is that they were largely killed off.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

yes, and also less wintering forage due to more fields/farmlands than today. I'm not saying there would naturally be less deer without people, I'm saying the combined habitat and hunting pressure exceeds the remaining capacity without management intervention. when programs/strategies work, it is easy to overlook them. for the most part, game is being managed effectively. At the expense of non game animals in some cases, but society makes choices.

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I'm all for preserving wildlife, this is one thing I don't mind paying for

9. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Today I learned that Rihanna is worth $1.7 billion. For reference, Kim Kardashian is worth $1.8 billion.

Not really sure how she made all her money. She made the same song like, 6 times, and then kind of fell out of the music world. She must be investing or making makeup or something.

10. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

"With sales of over 250 million records worldwide, Rihanna is one of the best-selling music artists of all time. She has earned 14 number-ones and 31 top-ten singles in the US and 30 top-ten entries in the UK. Her accolades include nine Grammy Awards, 13 American Music Awards (including the Icon Award), 12 Billboard Music Awards, six Guinness World Records, and the NAACP's President's Award". But yeah, her music career is comprised of making the same song six times.

Aside from music: she co-owns Tidal music, has her own fragrance line (with 4 different scents. Each release selling at least 4 million bottles @$60/ea in the first year alone.), has her own fashion line (which brought in $550 million in revenue in 2020 alone), has her own cosmetics line, has her own has her own fashion agency, and a separate agency for photographers.

In the time it took you to write your initial post, you could've just as quickly found all the posted information on your own. Amazing what you can find on the internet when you aren't retarded and/or lazy.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
  11. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

Kim Kardashian mad 1 sex tape leaked to TMZ by her mom. Not really sure how she made all her money.

justingroves and dknash like this.
  12. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

You clearly watched it.

13. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If I really cared how she made her money, I would have looked it up. I don’t care, so I didn’t.

Listen to “Where Have You Been,” “We Found Love,” and “Only Girl (in the world)” and tell me they don’t sound the same. I think there’s one or two more that have the similar beat, but those are the 3 we have on our playlists.

14. InVolNerable

InVolNerable Fark Master Flex

You cared enough to bring it to the board in a thread titled "Today I learned". You heard a stat, but failed to learn anything with regards to that statistic. Also, your "reference" point is hilarious, in that only divorced, middle-aged, alcoholic socialites would gain any type of perspective from its inclusion.

So you're both retarded and lazy. I always knew the first to be true, but I guess today I learned that you're also lazy.

Last edited: May 1, 2022
    HCKevinSteele and IP like this.
  15. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Not sure I understand the comment about the reference point. I’d venture a guess that Kim Kardashian’s name is much more widely recognizable to a number of demographics. I assumed she was significantly more wealthy than Rihanna, and I’ve probably actively gone out of my way to avoid seeing/hearing anything about her, basically my entire life.

I was surprised by it, so I posted it. I didn’t know Rihanna was that wealthy. I learned it today, so I posted it in the “Today I Learned” thread. That’s what the thread is for. I don’t care how she made the money. Why would I look up information I don’t care to know?

16. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

"I don't care"

*Digs up 2.5 year old thread to post about it.*

17. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

And you all call me dumb. Jesus.

1. I did care that she’s worth $1.8 billion. That’s why I posted it. I’ve stated that I found it interesting.

2. I didn’t care about how she generated her wealth. I’ve stated I don’t care, and that’s why I didn’t look it up.

3. I didn’t “dig up” anything. It’s my thread, jackass. I created it years ago, so it took all of half a second to pull up. And even if it had taken longer than half a second, it would make sense that I was willing to do it because see #1.

I also read back through and enjoyed the first couple of pages again. It’s a 9 year old thread, not a 2.5 year old thread.

18. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

This boy dumb as hell

InVolNerable likes this.
  19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

4 times.

InVolNerable and utvol0427 like this.
  20. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

Responds to people calling him lazy and retarded. Obviously cares about how Rihanna made her money.

Impressive troll job.