Tom Herman.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 3, 2016.

1. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

He's got the roster to win big. I don't care what anyone says. The OL isn't great, but with a decent scheme and better coaching, they'd be good enough to win with.

2. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

The QB doesn't help, but it is genuinely the worst scheme I've ever seen. The OL just isn't ready to dominate either, even though it's highly rated players. The blocking scheme is stupid too, but we aren't going to cram it on anyone.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They're good enough, though, especially with a very good running QB and the backs Tennessee has.

4. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

I haven't seen it. With a guy that can't throw it, a line has to be dominant to get anything done.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I guess I meant they should be good enough to get Dobbs enough time to dink and dunk and space for the backs. They were last year.

For some odd reason, Dobbs didn’t run near enough Thursday

6. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It would also help if there appeared to be some sort of scheme to the offense

7. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

They rushed for over 3200 yards last year. I'm not saying that means the OL is great, but to be able to do that, they have to at least be decent.

Like I said, better coaching and a better scheme that plays towards the strengths of the team, this offense has enough talent at every position to win big this year.

But we're simply not going to see it because we have neither of those 2 things...that and we always seem to either leave our best players on the sidelines or simply do nothing to get them the ball.

To not put Berry in on offense for a hand full of plays every game is mind boggling. He may be the most dangerous person in the leauge with the ball in his hands.

8. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

Not sure I agree. I think the fan base turns on him in a big way if he doesn't finally deliver against Florida.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Yep. Of course they are back ("tentatively" they'll say) on board after he wins the final 6 games of the season

10. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

If he doesn't win at least 2 out of the Florida-Alabama stretch, I don't think he'll ever recover.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

He won't, but we'll give him the opportunity to prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt to the dumbest of the dumb in our fan base. Sometime in 2023, when we still haven't topped nine wins, we may be able to let him go.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

If he loses to Florida, Georgia and Bama he is gone.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I'll go ahead and reserve a moving van, then.

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He will get lucky and pull one out but if he doesn't go ahead and get that van.

15. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Nah. UF and UGA are bad enough that he might find a win over one of them. Dobbs will have a couple of decent games and we'll win.

16. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

What do you think would happen with the AD situation.

17. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

If he wins 8 and Hart is here until June, he gets another year. I can only hope that Hart is barred from all contract negotiations and isn't allowed to shank us with an extension for a win over FL. I still think we win 9, beat UF and lose to AL, GA, and TA&M.

i would like to think if there were a meltdown, we would get Blackburn up here in time for a search. But, that hardly seems possible.

18. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

A change will be made.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm not so sure about this. We are really deep at dumbass.

20. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

It has to be close. Maybe 9-3 wouldn't be enough, but lose all four games during that stretch and you are almost to the point of ESPN talking heads speculating about his replacement.