Tom Herman.

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by MettaWorldPeace, Sep 3, 2016.

1. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

I want to believe it but Im not there yet. I think he has to be 7-5 or less for it to be considered. The $ will have to talk.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They were almost there then Georgia game happened

3. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

[dadgum] you, Richt.

4. MettaWorldPeace

MettaWorldPeace Contributor

I think there's a better chance he jumps ship at 8-4, 9-3 than getting canned. Of course, a good buyout may just be worth chancing it and getting canned after 2017.

5. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

I'm going to go the opposite direction, I say he could go 2-10 and people would just chalk it up to an off year, kids gave up on him, fans didn't support the team, and we should have never scheduled such a tough non conference schedule. We need to give him at least 2 more years to straighten us back out.

6. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

Va Tech game is going down to the wire. Loss and this steam rolls down hill quickly. I thought trumpet blower might get even more conservative due to Shoop being on the other side of the ball this year. Outside of not knowing what the f----- is going on he will try to win games 10-7 against good competition.

7. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

No way. Just like last year, the schedule gifts him a 5 game win streak to close the regular season. That'll convince enough sheeple to give him another chance.

8. docholiday

docholiday Contributor

If this team has four losses going into the Final five they will fold like a pump tent this year Tennessee Tech would be the only guaranteed winner

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There was a reason Majors used to say "they remember what you do in November."

10. MaconVol

MaconVol Chieftain

"We have a lot of work to do and we're not going to sit here and say we don't."Butch

That may be the truest thing trumpet blower has ever said.

11. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Trumpet players typically have to audition and outperform their peers in order to attain a position. Butch has the gig because he was willing to drive to meet Dave Hart after the UTAD Christmas party. Also because he was willing to flake on both Cincinnati and Colorado.

12. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Another chance? That's an extension and pay raise.

13. TDVol1989

TDVol1989 Always Be Menstruating

Surely Hart will not be allowed to do that as a lame duck.

14. bigpapavol

bigpapavol Chieftain

Good point, because we've managed the AD so well to date. We'll probably give him veto rights over hires for the next 20 years.

15. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

We let Hamilton hire a new coach.

16. ole_orange

ole_orange Board Simp

Yup. Still still can't believe we gave a all time top 10 program to a 3rd year head coach with a losing record from a shat school whose biggest accomplishment was just being born with a last name of a highly overrated coach and managing Saban's coffee maker

17. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Must have been a pretty good cup of coffee

18. cotton

cotton Stand-up Philosopher

Specially true when your November consists of open date, homecoming, Kentucky, and Vanderbilt.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

It seems Jones puts too much emphasis on preparing for Open Date.

20. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Usually Ole Miss too back then.