Transfer portal

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Crazy how the guys we recruit never get any respect, but once they hit The Portal... they’re all top 5 players. Gray and To’o To’o to-to-t-t-t-toyo being prime examples... of course, had Henry T gone to Bama to begin with he’d have been all-universe from the get-go.

2. Memtownvol

Memtownvol Member

Particularly the the athletic ones.

justingroves likes this.
  3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I mean he’s good compared to what we have. But if he’s the same player he was last year he’s going to be a situational player at best for them.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I was thinking the same. He’d have been better off at OSU, I believe. Either that or just sitting out the season and declaring for the NFL.

5. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He made huge strides last year and was going to be a starter this year a KU. Big time get for our DL.

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This. We need 1 more LB. I believe the kid from Michigan will be our guy. We also may try to pickup another DB.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Especially since he's got 3 years of eligibility

8. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

It may be the best part. Physically, he appears to have what he needs to be good based on what little I've seen, but he's still going to have a learning curve.

Hopefully I'm an idiot, though.

9. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Two years of weight lifting and college eating goes a long ways

zehr27 and warhammer like this.
  10. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

I’m sure we’ve got a some good athletes, they wouldn’t be at this level if they didn’t have some talent. I think the real problem is Tennessee has wasted some really good LBers scattered over the seasons. What we haven’t had imho is a position coach who can teach aggressive fundamental tackling and short pass coverage. This is a Bama strength we don’t have and haven’t had. Safeties have been saving the defense for years, but they can’t be everywhere. We hope the guy coaching LBers is aware of this, Henry To’o To’o was naturally. I think it’s why we can’t compete with dawgs n gators.

11. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I trust Jean-Mary

zehr27 likes this.
  12. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

KaTron Evans to...Jackson State?

13. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Got a cornerback today, juco guy that signed with Auburn in December, then followed Garner here. This brings the total scholarship corners up to 5 now

14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Big get. Desperately needed another DB that can play right away. Martinez almost landed him at UCF and Banks also recruited him hard at Penn State so it sounds like the whole staff likes him.

One more LB and our D will be serviceable.

Volokie, Memtownvol, IP and 1 other person like this.
  15. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

The life story of that kid is pretty tough. Pulling for him to make it big for he and his family.

zehr27, Memtownvol and IP like this.
  16. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

So apparently we got the Michigan LB.

TDVol1989 and IP like this.
  17. IP

IP Super Moderator

We did it! We did the thing!

zehr27 and SetVol13 like this.
  18. justingroves

justingroves supermod

It's a different one from Michigan

19. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

20. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

So looks like we can field a defense at least. Not sure of what quality, but we can field one.

10SEvols likes this.