Transfer portal

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 2, 2019.

1. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Upgraded from Crouch and maybe broke even on Henry with the TX transfer. Looks like Willis will be back in good standing on 6/1, so lb room doesn't look nearly as bad. Add in auburn transfer cb and cb is already better. We may have 12+ players on the field in the fall that weren't in the spring game. Things are looking better.
    Oh, and new kids nickname is Apache. I dont know much about him, but I do know if I ever was about to have a runin with a dude nicknamed Apache, I'm bailing.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Agree 100%. I don't mess around with people named Apache. I respectfully mind my business.

3. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I like what he's done in the transfer portal.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

One would have to be an impossible cynic to not appreciate what he has managed to do on that front.

zehr27, CardinalVol and Memtownvol like this.
  5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't see all of them being huge contributors but depth is good

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

Ya, we literally needed bodies that could play.

7. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

The texas LB and the new CB will likely be starters. Tremblay from USC will probably see the field a lot too. Other guys will have some work to do but will definitely add some depth.

8. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Just thinking about scholarships and whatnot, does anyone have any insight on when this investigation will be resolved? Hoping the longer it goes the better as we get further from the stink.

9. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

I think most of, if not all, the guys Niedermeyer paid are gone.

justingroves likes this.
  10. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

My guess is it won’t be soon

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

5 scholarships and a 1 year bowl ban, probably announced around August

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I’m just waiting for the sour grapes coming from Harbaugh any old time now that half his team seems to have wound up in Knoxville... we got rid of our cheaters so he can’t really drag that line out.

13. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

Honestly if it’s much worse than that after the lengths we’ve gone to reform and cooperate, then there’s no point in ever self reporting anything ever again.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
  14. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is likely

15. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

No biggie, I've become accustomed to missing bowls.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

They may work it out where "missing" the Liberty Bowl due to covid counts as the bowl ban

17. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I honestly wasn’t sure why they didn’t just do that in advance, but if the NCAA will buy it retroactively, then sure.

TDVol1989 likes this.
  18. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

Might not have had the sharpest knives in the drawer in charge, not that you need me to tell you that

SetVol13, Memtownvol and justingroves like this.
  19. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

This is what I am thinking.

20. juicemane

juicemane Member

This would be great timing. Just in time for the season to kick off and the offense to start (hopefully) recruiting itself without looming unknown sanctions.