Transfer portal

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 2, 2019.

1. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I have standards

2. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

Good news.

3. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Kentucky fans extremely butthurt over the news.

justingroves likes this.
  4. VOLinDAWGland

VOLinDAWGland Contributor

Coach Garner doing work

5. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Awesome. Glad Heupel/all involved were able to speak with him and convince him to stay.

6. voltime12

voltime12 New Member

AP on VQ think Verse is going to FSU…If true my question is why? Lol that program looks exactly like ours during the Dooley years

7. voltime12

voltime12 New Member

Verse to FSU. Feel bad for him that team is going nowhere but that shouldn’t preclude him from showing out and making it to the NFL if good enough

8. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Damn. Still gonna really need some defensive reinforcements

9. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

Not sure how we lost head to head against FSU. The only thing they have over TN right now is weather. We beat them in coaching, fan support, facilities, program trajectory and NIL opportunities.

10. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

Deon told him he’d be there soon.

11. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Two 1 and done players on the DL found success for fsu while we will go another year without one drafted. Had to be the deciding factor.

12. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Could be that the number of defensive snaps you’d play here is a turnoff to folks…

13. Ssmiff

I still don't get that. What true player doesn't want to have more plays to make more plays? I don't want a player who wants to come in and be on a pitch count. If playing 10-15 more plays a game is a turnoff, [uck fay]em

14. voltime12

voltime12 New Member

Hard to explain what happened or his thinking but there will be other opportunities to find ppl in the portal as the year goes on

15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I mean I get the offense puts some pressure on those guys but they couldn’t get off the field either. And I’d sure as hell rather play defense with this offense than the one the last 4 seasons that was capped at 24 points on a good day

Savage Orange likes this.
  16. Ssmiff

Shit give me more chances for a sack or an int with the other team throwing and trying to keep up on the scoreboard. Set tackle records.

17. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

I agree 100% with both of these posts. I was just positing it as a theory as to why defensive players seem to be shying away from coming here. Seems like if you were a competitor who wanted a ton of opportunities to show your stuff UT would be a dream situation… unfortunately there seem to be a lot of guys who view playing a lot of snaps as a negative…

18. CitrusCo.Vol

CitrusCo.Vol Member

Dee Beckwith

19. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hope he figures it out

zehr27 likes this.
  20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He's also been in New York for two years, Tallahassee probably feels dreamy.

Odell Haggins is one of the few dline coaches around that has a comparable resume to Garner too.