Both Transfer Portal Threads Merged

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by CardinalVol, Nov 29, 2022.

1. HCKevinSteele

HCKevinSteele Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s simply not true.

2. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I [uck fay]ing live there

3. HCKevinSteele

My job is in the heart of the city. Obviously there’s a lot of transplants but what you said is wrong or at least wildly exaggerated.

4. HCKevinSteele

I will echo IP’s comment saying there was never anything wrong with Knoxville. Obviously downtown became a hollowed out shell and has since been revived but that’s generally true of most comparable cities.

At the end of the day Knoxville does kinda look like a shithole if you’re main point of reference is having driven alongside downtown/campus on I-40. Hypothetically, if the interstate ran along the south bank of the river many folks would have a different impression.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
    justingroves and MaconVol like this.
  5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

yep. Plus you can just hit the road and enjoy Milan the same morning.

A-Smith likes this.
  6. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I wasn't really meaning to exclude that part of Tennessee. I know NW Tennessee is pretty orange as well. It's really just the Memphis and surrounding that doesn't give a damn about the Vols.

7. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

You might be partly right. Just the city itself has a ton of history everywhere you look. We've taken a few little get aways there with the kids. I haven't really paid attention to the accents. People have been friendly. Unlike Atlanta where I feel like I am in the very epicenter of the rat race.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Last edited: Dec 10, 2022
  9. Ssmiff

Memphis with a lot of orange. Mostly suburbs though. Old school memphis st folks in the city will never like UT and there’s some ancillary stuff that goes along with it but UT gets a lot of kids from Memphis. Briarcrest, CBHS, MUS, Germantown before it switched.etc etc send a lot.
    Did you guys know Germantown is closing? Recently the only kids going there were bussed in. No people who live in the zone. Weird deal, but Germantown will be no more. They were a football and baseball powerhouse in the 80s, 90s. Where my wife went.

justingroves and Memtownvol like this.
  10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

There aren't enough kids for a high school?

11. Ssmiff

It’s messed up. Politics involved. Zonings. All Germantown students last couple of years come from memphis. I guess that’s stopping now so the school will sit empty. Ashame really. Leave it to Memphis to make it to where a school with Germantown history will no longer exist.

Memtownvol and TDVol1989 like this.
  12. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

My opinion about any locale, there is xxxxxx number of people who choose to live here. Try seeing what they enjoy about the place.

13. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

People in Murfreesboro enjoy shopping and chain restaurants and going out of town.

14. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Marshawn Lloyd in the portal. He'll be fantastic wherever he ends up. Lots of talent leaving South Carolina. Can you imagine what would have happened if today's portal existed when Butch was here?

A-Smith likes this.
  15. OneForVol

OneForVol Well-Known Member

I don’t believe those guys are going to miss out on being part of Beamer’s instagram videos the next few years.

16. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

I know quite a few Gamecock fans, and the change in mood between their last two games and their OC hire rivals the change in mood between their first ten games and their last two. Not excited about the direction of the offense.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch wouldn't have lasted 5 years but there would have been 30 scholarship guys here when he got fired

NorrisAlan and Tar Volon like this.
  18. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

It will be very interesting when a school fires a coach and will literally be unable to field a team the next year, whenever that happens.

IP likes this.
  19. ptclaus98

ptclaus98 Contributor

He'd have been gone before 2015 ended.

justingroves likes this.
  20. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

That nearly happened to Auburn this season.