Transfer portal

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Dec 2, 2019.

1. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

I'd imagine. They seem to be focused on getting guys used to a single position and it's adjustments. Its a drawback to the system.

2. KyleAlexanderfan

KyleAlexanderfan Well-Known Member

I just meant it looks like he was an OLB prospect out of high school too looking at his profile. They said he may have more upside there.

3. PilotFlyingJ

PilotFlyingJ Chieftain

Oh gotcha. My mistake.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

He played WR at USC so I think that would be the plan here. His past trouble has me a bit worried but the staff seems like he is a take.

5. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The charges brought against him at USC were dropped. He's probably a receiver here but he's a big guy

6. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Son is transferring from Nooga to UT in the fall with 4 yrs eligibility. Issue is last team sport he played was soccer at 9 years old and he puked scrambled eggs all over the field. It’s amazing a serving of scrambled eggs can be puked up and would’ve fed the masses

justingroves likes this.
  7. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

So, did this kid beat the shit out of his girlfriend or no? Arrested for "domestic violence toward a spouse or other cohabitant", but wasn't charged due to insufficient evidence.

8. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

I don’t know what happened in the incident. Hope he’s truly innocent as his interview after the visit he seems like a well spoken and humble guy.

9. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Thats good. I was thinking the staff would not take a chance on him unless they were certain all that was in the past. I love his size. As a freshman he did pretty damn well in an offense that was less than stellar.

10. Volsdude

Volsdude Well-Known Member

WR it is. Every linebacker worth his salt leaves plenty of evidence

11. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Tyus Fields in the portal. Guy could never really put it together in the college game. Wish him luck.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Hopefully he balls out his last year

zehr27 likes this.
  13. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

Most folks seem ok with nil and the portal now, will it be the same after 3-4 seasons? I think it’ll eventually draw criticism and be reformed, later on calls for it to shut down.

14. KyleAlexanderfan

There’s definitely no shutting it down. Can’t put it back in the box.

Memtownvol, NorrisAlan and utvol0427 like this.
  15. JohnnyQuickkick

JohnnyQuickkick Calcio correspondent

I’ve said it before, it’s going to take a few years but find an equilibrium

IP, SetVol13 and NorrisAlan like this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Memtownvol and IP like this.
  17. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

TDVol1989, Poppa T, IP and 1 other person like this.
  18. Volokie

Volokie Active Member

LB'ers who can cover the flat and TE's would be nice, its prob a big reason why Henry T O looked so good we aren't used to that kinda of LBer effort....and I'm pretty sure the DB's would appreciate the help.

19. KyleAlexanderfan

Aaron Willis. Smh.

20. KyleAlexanderfan

Can we get and keep highly rated LBs?