Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Beechervol, Nov 28, 2018.

1. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

We are talking about Najee Harris. He’s not a grad transfer. He’s actually not transferring at all. It was a fake account lol.

2. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Eli Wolf looks to be transferring. What are we up to now?

3. BigOrangeBeech

BigOrangeBeech Poster of the Month, July 2014 and recruiting guy!

Word is they are very optimistic he is granted a waiver and can play in 2019, nothing official yet though.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Would be huge. Hope it goes through.

5. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

UGA and the NCAA don’t want any more of that shit in the headlines.

Fields is gonna play right away.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What happened?

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

UGA baseball player was in the stands for UGA football game shouting “put in the (one word you simply can not say)”, in reference to benching Fromm and playing Fields.

Baseball player was subsequently kicked off the team and dismissed from school, if I’m not mistaken, but neither UGA or NCAA want to take a position disputing that this could have created a less-than-welcoming environment for Fields.

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That will do it. He should definitely get his waiver.

9. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t know about “should” but I bet he will. I can’t see how UGA could be expected to not have someone on campus like that when they have so many students. Someone like that is pretty much going to be on every campus. Someone like that is definitely on Ohio State’s campus.

This also seems like it could provide recruits with a golden ticket. What if they just start making up similar occurrences in order to get that waiver?

10. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

They don’t have to make anything up... the ‘AA knows the jig is up as far as athletes moving around. They are just trying to contain it as best as they can now. This is just the beginning of a paradigm shift in CFB.

11. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

Impossible from a PR standpoint to argue against it though. Would just be perceived as arguing that racism isn’t that big deal and student-athletes should shrug it off.

But, I agree, we’ll see others use it as a means to play right away.

12. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Is "someone like that" another scholarship athlete, though? That's what they'll focus on, that's why he'll get it.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I would bet there's at least one racist on scholarship at OSU. Would probably bet there's one on the football team. How are you supposed to screen for that?

Application test:

Which of the following is appropriate to yell at a sporting event?

A. Go Bulldogs
    B. Put in the n*****
    C. Women should not have the right to vote
    D. Gay marriage is an abomination

Memtownvol likes this.
  14. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

E - answers B, C, and D?

JohnnyQuickkick and Memtownvol like this.
  15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Don't yell racial slurs at your fellow scholarship athletes.

It's that simple.

Yes, it's sitting a standard. It's a fairly decent standard to set. If you're on an athletic scholarship, don't yell racial slurs at fellow scholarship athletes or they will be able to transfer and not sit out a year. I don't see why this is hard for people to handle.

RockyHill likes this.
  16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

There are racist assholes all over the place, some will get athletic scholarships.

When one gets recorded being a racist asshole, they will lose their scholarship and the 5 star badass qb that you are slinging racial slurs at will probably leave your school. That is okay.

lylsmorr likes this.
  17. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t get that. The guy that committed the transgression was punished immediately and decisively. That should settle it. I don’t see why the victim would beawarded special privileges.

18. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

So Fields is just supposed to go on at a place he may no longer feel comfortable? Dude was punished, but that doesn't erase what happened.

19. Indy

Indy Pronoun Analyst

If he was so bothered and uncomfortable, why didn't he transfer immediately? Is that not an option?

20. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

Not sure where you’ve been the past 20 plus years but that’s how shit works now. If you can glom onto some victim class of society the world is your oyster. Not sure if they’ve actually issued hard cards yet but being a victim where it’s at nowadays.

Memtownvol likes this.