Trey Smith Rumor

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by midtownvol83, Feb 24, 2018.

1. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

Saw a rumor on other boards he could be done with football due to a heart condition.

2. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

Rivals just put out an article saying he's out for spring football. I'd rather him be healthy than be able to play again

Joseph Brant likes this.
  3. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

That would be the ultimate Tennessee thing to happen. I mean I think you could medically explain the illness by him having come here. He goes to Bama, this doesn’t happen.

Okibi2112 and justingroves like this.
  4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Whatever the medical condition is they are apparently monitoring it and expect him back for the 2018 season.

5. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

Hoping whatever it is they caught it early. Sounds treatable.

6. NEW COACH

NEW COACH Contributor

I heard blood clots in his lungs. Which would put him on some serious blood thinners. Not sure he’d be cleared to play football while on blood thinner.

7. TBSVOL

TBSVOL Member

whatever the condition, this is a first class family to have in our prayers

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

I hope he's well. Whether he plays football again or not, is comparatively unimportant.

9. midtownvol83

midtownvol83 Active Member

It sounds like the approach they are taking now is he's not going to play again but there is hope things could change in a few months as they monitor treatment.

10. 2Maggitt2Quit

2Maggitt2Quit Chieftain

11. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Good to hear. I hope the young man comes through this healthy and happy, football be damned.