Trey Smith

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by justingroves, Aug 9, 2019.

1. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Unfortunately your buddy is correct. A big part of the evaluation process now is health of prospect. Not only physical worries but mental worries. Another full year could relieve those worries but its also a gamble. If he can have another great season with the current system he is on I think he will get a lot more looks but if anything goes off the tracks at all he will likely be done (like never even get a chance).

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I don't think he's ever going to play for Denver or ever play in Mile High Stadium. The altitude screws with people that have issues like he does. That probably keeps any AFC west team from drafting him

3. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

particularly when you’ve got a guy like Tua, who has now two knee injuries, an ankle injury, and hip injury, all in 3 years of ball, who still a lock top 15 overall pick and teams won’t even be able to work him out before the draft.

QB more important than an interior lineman, but you’d think plenty would be willing to risk a 4th or 5th round pick on a guy who’s a monster when healthy.

4. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Same.

5. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Trey is going to win at whatever he does.

6. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I mean, it was just earlier this year when there were serious doubts he would ever even play again. Then, he doesn't take hits, except in games? I can't imagine any GM would want to take on that risk. Packers fans [itch bay]ed a long time about taking Justin Harrell with their first pick. I also lost a lot of credibility pumping him up to my fellow Packerites in the face of the injury concerns.

7. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I hated that for him, he's one of the nicest guys around.

8. yont sum iss?

yont sum iss? Contributor

The more I think about it the more I think he’s coming back. I don’t think they’d be doing a press conference if he was going pro. A nice Instagram post would suffice.

9. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

Pruitt giving it away in the opening comments. Sounds like he's gone. "This is a day Trey has worked for."

10. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I need this man's story to work out beautifully.

12. Volgrad98

Volgrad98 Contributor

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

Go ahead and chisel that beautiful, cowboy hat wearing sum[itch bay] on the UT Mt. Rushmore.

14. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

I mean, whoever didn't cry watching that has no heart.

15. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

He thanked a whole lot of people. Why didn't he mention Butch and them?

IP likes this.
  16. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

I think he used Peyton's exact quote. "I've made up my mind and I don't expect to ever look back..."

Tenacious D likes this.
  17. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

He did. Was a verbatim quote.

Tenacious D and A-Smith like this.
  18. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

Word for word.

Tenacious D and **TDCVOL** like this.
  19. SGMVols

SGMVols Contributor

He got the “go back to school” draft grade. I guess teams want to see him stay healthy another year before they risk a high draft pick on him. That’s why he’s staying.

20. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

His leadership is as important as his on field performance for this program heading into 2020, and its ability to groom new leaders.

losing Jennings and Butuli hurts...big win keeping Trey in that locker room.

warhammer and Beechervol like this.