True Confessions: I don't care about spring practice

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by hallowed_hill, Mar 27, 2012.

1. justingroves

justingroves supermod

He will not outcoach Miles, Saban, Mullen or Petrino if Tennessee gets to Atlanta

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

I think they can be as good as Raynoch and Westmoreland were together.

If the light does go on for Neal, Tennessee will alright in the run game.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

My kids are 8 and 9. I know they are looking forward to the O&W game more than me, but I am still looking forward to it because of them.

Even though it is more important to the program, the rest of the spring is not that interesting.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2012
  4. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I have been one to care about spring practice in previous years. I may get sucked in at some point this year, but as right now I don't really care. Dooley is going to be the [uck fay]ing idiot he seems to be and the team is going to learn the new defensive system. Dooley may eventually get this thing, but he doesn't get it right now....and as a result, I don't see myself investing my time in the spring. I won't be able to help it come fall practice, but that is how it is. I'm a Vol fan.

5. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

I've yet to see him outcoach anyone. Its pathetic that on a staff of misfits, he stood out as being the most clueless last year.

6. Dick Huffman

Dick Huffman Guest

Maggit may be the most superior specimen we've seen on our defense since the days of Henderson and Haynesworth. Its a shame he's an ILB and not able to show off his athleticism on the outside.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

Would Maggitt have the speed for OLB? I thought that was the only knock on him?

8. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Maggitt is one of the fastest guys on the defense

9. Tar Volon

Tar Volon Me Blog @RockyTopTalk.com

Maybe we'll get here by the end of practice, but I'm not understanding why we don't have AJ and Lathers in the middle, Maggitt on the outside, and Smith at Jack. I guess I could see switching up Lathers and Maggitt because they're both better suited for the outside. But I could've sworn that organizational chart had them both inside and had AJ outside, which doesn't make a lick of sense. Unless the only motivation is whether they can call plays.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I had no idea. He must be about to explode this year then.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Lathers is still limping from the ankle injury

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

Perhaps this will get sorted out as the Spring goes along.

Now, stop me if this is stupid, but is it possible we are planning on blitzing both OLB's out of the 3-4 often enough for this to be sort of a heavier nickel look to the base D, and they want faster ILB's to be ready to cover and get to the flats? Like, send 5 often enough to warrant that?

Or is that dumb?

13. chavisut

chavisut Dan Mullen Fan Club President

You might have him and Johnson confused.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

Maybe I did. I remember some big LB with short dreads coming out the back of the helmet really struggling to get out to the flats in some games.

15. chavisut

Not dumb imo.

16. chavisut

Racist.

17. hallowed_hill

hallowed_hill Active Member

In a strange turn of events, my 'i don't care about spring practice' thread turns into an interesting conversation about spring practice.

18. IP

IP Super Moderator

We'll make you care, dag-nabbit.

19. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I wouldn't be surprised if the organizational chart putting Maggitt on the inside had an error in it. Would be sort of ironic.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or had 13 defensive positions.