POLITICS Trump Ending Birthright Citizenship?

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Nov 1, 2018.

1. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I think it is about time for it.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

How is the child being held hostage by their own parents?

My mother is Canadian. Was she holding me hostage?

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

I think you need to specify whether they want to end it via executive order or by constitutional amendment.

4. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

You see a child with its mother. I see an American citizen, on a UFO being taken to Mars by a bunch of Martians.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

So in your mind, citizenship supersedes parenthood. You think the US government has a superior claim on a child over the parent.

6. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

There’s hardly anything left of the US. The Martians have all but destroyed our country and the planet. Least they could do is let us keep the baby.

7. JT5

JT5 Super Moderator

But in all seriousness - we’re at war with the Martians and this tiny red US citizen wants to live with the opposing army? Traitor.

8. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

upload_2018-11-2_7-6-9.gif

9. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Surely parentage and citizenship can be separately held.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I would think so. Has been my whole life.

11. RevBubbaFlavel

RevBubbaFlavel Contributor

Except that the practice of granting citizenship based on birth was done via executive action.

I am not saying it is the "right" thing to do - mainly because I am not sure how much of a real problem it is. But I don;t see a problem with issuing an EO on the matter.

Congress has passed a law using the same language as found in the 14th. SCOTUS has never ruled whether it applies to people here illegally - although it has used the test which would deny citizenship to children of enemy occupiers on U.S. soil.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

I'm absolutely floored that the Right can find a way to justify literally anything. Anything.

tvolsfan likes this.
  13. NYY

NYY Super Moderator

That’s not exclusive to the right.

kmf600 and GahLee like this.
  14. RevBubbaFlavel

I am floored that so many have absolutely no basic understanding of how the U.S. system of government works.

15. IP

IP Super Moderator

It apparently is a moving target depending on whether the Right is in power or not.

16. RevBubbaFlavel

Well there is no need to justify issuing an EO on birthright citizenship. The law is far from settled on the matter.

17. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Left had no problem whatsoever justifying the character assassination of an honorable man with disgusting lies and slander.

18. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Fair.

Left just moves the target differently when they are in control.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Requiring me to have health insurance, and if I don't, tax the [uck fay] out of me? That sounds reasonable.

And, btw, thank God they got rid of that dumb-ass shit, because a lot more of us than we think were about to get the dogshit taxed out of us for our garbage ass "Cadillac" insurance plans.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Yep, no one can ever be investigated for anything. Makes sense.