POLITICS Trump in 2020

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 2, 2020.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Not sure "hey, let's just keep our guy locked up and let out opponent do all the work" has or will be effective, but it sure as heck is now.

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's meeting privately with Floyd's family sometime this week. He met with protester sorts last week. He's not in a bunker, but nothing he does is going to get the eyeballs a POTUS gets. On top of that, media has always covered Trump 5 or 10 to 1 over his opponents in terms of minutes, because there's so much to talk about on account of the craziness.

With equal time coverage, Trump may not have even won the GOP primary in 2016 IMO.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Meh, 16 was a perfect storm for him to take advantage of. Not sure it would have mattered.

4. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Will be curious if they won't jump the shark and push people back to Trump

5. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Your opinion is wrong.

Trump beat the biggest and best field of GOP candidates ever assembled, and easily, because he’s got the best positions.

And he still does. By a lot.

And he’s going to throttle Biden, namely for the same reasons, and because “Biden”, but also because nobody wants another four years of an Obama apology tour.

Y’all are like the Tennessee fans who mysteriously forget having neither depth nor talent along both lines, and somehow still manage to talk yourselves into our winning a Natty.

6. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

7. Tenacious D

They’re really hiding him, in today’s day and age. What better personifies Democratic leadership and voters than the fact that they had four years to come up with someone to beat Trump, and Joe “You ain’t black!” Biden is the best they could do.

Worse (better?), he may be the best they have.

But it doesn’t matter who they pick, and never has. The Democratic candidate - whomever it is - is a necessary nuisance.

This election is about Trump.

If you like him / his policies, he’ll win.

If you don’t like him / his policies, he’s still going to win.

8. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I'm not talking about Biden.

I'm talking about unfunding police and the like.

9. Tenacious D

I don’t even know how unfunding the police works.

10. IP

IP Super Moderator

I respect your opinion. To be clear, I am not like those Tennessee fans, I AM that Tennessee fan.

Tenacious D likes this.
  11. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

I would be careful about the public knee bending demanding from others too.

We all agree that the system is rigged to a degree but individually shaming others will lead to erasing all the progress we've made.

I also agree with Denzel Washington that the system is rigged but the biggest thing is getting their own house in order first

12. Tenacious D

I really like Candance Owens.

upload_2020-6-8_9-39-59.jpeg

13. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Ill say it again, I would vote for her all day. Im sure she has said some things i disagree with but often she speaks the truth people dont want to hear. Being female and black she could also help unite the Country amongst those who wouldnt label her a sellout.

14. Tenacious D

Crooks & Fools.

15. Tenacious D

But thinking doesn’t feel yummy.

16. Tenacious D

L-[uck fay]ING-O-[uck fay]ING-L

Who do I call in the middle of the night if my home is being broken into?

First, check your privilege.

Second, defunding the police will be equally terrible and wholly ineffective for everyone.

17. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Me either

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Do we get our tax dollars back?

I really support cutting back on the drug war, demilitarization of the police, and only doing no knock entries if innocent lives are on the line.

justingroves likes this.
  19. Tenacious D

It’s also why problems don’t get addressed and solved before cops are wantonly killing black people, and cities are looted and burned down.

And a big reason why Trump will be re-elected in a landslide.

20. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Yeah, I feel like there's a middle ground between police setup as they are now vs completely defunding them.