Trump is in

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by CardinalVol, Jun 16, 2015.

1. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

you'll find that I have a strong respect for the Mexican immigrant worth ethic. though i'm not sure it is what it once was (they are much closer to americans now), but that's another argument all together. this isn't vilifying Mexican immigrants per se. it's acknowledging that a) a good percentage of immigrants are not the type of immigrants we'd want (criminals and low skilled), b) there's a crapload more of them then we need for the jobs available, and c) they are current a huge financial drain on the border states. you'll find that I have absolutely zero problem with say most h1b immigration. hell it's needed given the stable birth rates among educated americans.

2. DC Vol

DC Vol Contributor

I wasn't thinking you were vilifying Mexicans at all. If you thought I was, I meant nothing by it. There are folks out there that will jump straight for the "you want reasonable immigration control? Are you racist" but I'm not one of those folks.

Your points above are salient and I largely agree with them. I just try to look at stuff in a respect for folks that might circumvent the policies in place because they believe in the American dream. If they're willing to come here, work hard and try to achieve that dream... I'm not horribly bothered how they got here.

3. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

i'm sure the majority of illegal immigrants fit in that category, but in the end we can't afford all these people unless somehow we only limited it to the hardworking, childless, ones that aren't milking the system.

4. IP

IP Super Moderator

To be fair, there have been more idiots than not lately. This year being a good example. Name the non-idiots running for the Republican nomination. I'll grant you that Jeb Bush is not an idiot. Other than that, who am I missing? I am sure I am, but we both know there are some idiots in that line-up.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

How many studies showing voter fraud is an insignificant occurrence and primarily committed by white Americans would change your mind on this being a serious concern?

6. IP

IP Super Moderator

I know there are criminals and parasites that have come over, but I sincerely believe the majority are here to work hard and make their own way. Nine times out of ten.

7. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Romney might be the smartest politician brains wise in America.

8. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

HIs political IQ is negative though.

9. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

Ha. Can't disagree with that.

10. VolDad

VolDad Super Moderator

Which party pushes for the legalization of illegal aliens?

Will the right to vote be included in this legalization?

Which party do the majority of Hispanics vote for?

Democratic, Yes, Democratic

11. Beechervol

Beechervol Super Moderator

Good point.

Of course political IQ hasn't gotten us very far either.

12. IP

IP Super Moderator

He's not running this time, is he?

13. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

No.

I don't think jeb, rubio, walker or Christie are idiots. They are also the 4 most likely nominees.

14. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

It's amazing to me that no republican has really come out strong against illegal immigration. Maybe the reason is the states most likely to be sympathetic are either heavy democrat or heavy republican.

15. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

Rubio may not be an idiot, but there's no substance there. He's a politically constructed empty suit and little more. My opinion, of course.

16. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

That's true

17. droski

droski Traffic Criminal

You and I are absolutely on the same page. Almost seems like a male version of Palin. Lots of buzzwords and political capital behind him and clearly well coached, but no there there.

18. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Rand isn't an idiot either. There's actually a few pretty decent canadates, so that means it'll be a blood bath between hucklebee and someone that could actually win, while turning off swing voters with the social bullshit.

The dems are having to win with low information voters that are unlikely to vote. Clinton or none of the other candidates for them are going to fire them up.

19. IP

IP Super Moderator

Rubio and Walker are freaking idiots. I mean, they are certified.

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Huckabee shouldn't even bother. His Dugger stuff has closed the door on winning a national election.