POLITICS Trump Letter to Nancy RE: Abortion

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

He cannot have said it any more clearly, and with ample warning, than this.

Please bookmark this thread as a reference for the next round of accusations that Trump just vetoed something “out of the blue” and / or “without any warning”.

Read that last sentence with care.

upload_2019-1-18_23-43-44.png

Attached Files:

2. IP

IP Super Moderator

Fund efforts to end human life. Like the DoD?Or the death penalty?

Oh right, he means controlling human life and forcing human life to have babies.

3. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

If a cop has an abortion, is it murder or just a traffic stop?

IP and utvol0427 like this.
  4. fl0at_

It is good to see Pence take an active role as President, though.

5. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

Why should i have to pay for it?

GahLee likes this.
  6. fl0at_

Hate to break it to you, but you always have. An abortion is a medical procedure.

Your tax dollars subsidize education for medical schools, residency programs, and student loans, all of which go toward paying to train those who will give abortions.

You want to do lip service, do it. You want to commit, let’s defund medicine! (Though you might have to give up skiiing...)

7. Joseph Brant

Joseph Brant Airbrush Aficionado

I'm pretty much over the abortion bickering, it's just to district folks while the government goes and [uck fay]s us up the ass again while we bicker about stuff that doesn't particularly affect the day to day.

justingroves and Volst53 like this.
  8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Cool.

When he shuts down the govt over PP funding, I'll believe it's more than lip service.

warhammer and A-Smith like this.
  9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

well I don't want to pay for it or give up skiing, so suckit

10. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

You could go down that path to suggest our tax dollars pay for anything. That’s a little different than money specifically allocated for Planned Parenthood or whatever that global abortion initiative is.

A-Smith, JohnnyQuickkick and zehr27 like this.
  11. IP

IP Super Moderator

To say government money pays for abortions would mean any of you who have personally paid money to any insurance company that covers abortions for any of its clients have in fact "paid for an abortion." Which I think is probably all of you.

12. fl0at_

We have gone down that path. The Supreme Court went down that path.

Which is why pacifists can’t say they don’t want to pay for the DoD.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I don’t agree with the logic that paying for a kid’s chemistry degree is funding the drug trade if he goes on to be a master meth cook. Paying for someone to acquire skills that may or may not be applied to a certain end is different than directly funding a specific project.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

What specific abortion is being funded?

15. fl0at_

You are making a means vs ends distinction that will become harder and harder to maintain consistently. The choice to do so or not is entirely your own.

But if you find you cannot maintain consistency to that end, you can always decide that it is funding the drug trade, but rest easy knowing the end is currently illegal.

But let's try a different stroke... if the chemistry degree goes on to develop a medication that cures a debilitating condition--are you proud to have indirectly funded that, maybe through a lottery ticket? Because you don't get to swing both ways. Well, you do, but then it is what it is.

16. Tenacious D

No, he’s clear that those abortions performed in the case of rape, incest and to preserve the life of the mother are excluded.

Those which merely result from personal irresponsibility, as a means of birth control (that’s what, 99ish%, give or take), wouldn’t be.

So, condoms, birth control, abstinence, etc., and everyone is happy.

17. Tenacious D

Depends.

Who’s paying for which one?

18. Tenacious D

Paths have detours, sometimes.

19. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Have you somehow had sex with your special lady friend and managed not to make a baby with her. People do it, like all the time

20. IP

IP Super Moderator

Life comes with a huge disclaimer. "Experiences may vary." It's right there in the fine print.

Also, most abortions, to the best of my knowledge, are done when the fetus is either not viable or will have a very short life. That has nothing to do with safe sex unless you are in Alabama.