POLITICS Trump Rally in Sessions Hometown

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by Tenacious D, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

But for Sessions’ GOP primary opponent....Tommy Tuberville.

For those of you wondering how much strength Trump has amongst Republicans, and how he responds to being wronged, this should be a good indicator.

2. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

If Tuberville beats Sessions in the Primary runoff, I will be voting for Doug Jones again. If the Republicans can't manage to not nominate shit candidates they can expect me to actively vote against them until they figure it out. Tubervilles entire campaign is "I like Trump". Guy is a [dadgum] moron with absolutely no stances whatsoever.

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

the way Alabama senate races have been going, you'd think the whole state only had like 5 people in it. There's got to be more folks who could run.

4. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Well, I always assumed there were only 4-5 families in Alabama, so...yeah.

SetVol13 and justingroves like this.
  5. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

Yet we're having a presidential election with Biden and Trump as the only real options.

Thank god for our monopoly on power that we allow

6. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

I know a guy who is working to enter politics. It's pretty small, and it is fixed. There are only a handful of campaign strategists, and they won't work with you if you can't prove that you can get funding at the drop of a hat. They might, right there, ask you to raise $50,000, and hand you a phone.

7. lumberjack4

lumberjack4 Chieftain

I don't have a problem with Sessions, but the reason Tuberville had so much traction is that he was the first to enter the race and Session didn't enter until a week before the qualification deadline almost 4 months later. Sessions entering actually split the Republican primary vote giving Tuberville the advantage. Race is still close but Tubs is in the drivers seat at this point.

That being said if Tuberville wins the nomination, he could gang rape a nun on live TV and probably still beat Doug Jones by double digits. The Roy Moore fiasco was the perfect situation at a perfect time for Dems. Roy Moore wins that seat if its not a special election, as sad as that is.

8. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

As disturbing as the concept of this is, I really have a hard time having an ounce of sympathy for Sessions.

9. Ssmiff

Ssmiff Went to the White House...Again

News reporting concerns of covid spread and more racial divide if trump rally happens.
    What racial stuff happens at his rallies? They make it sound like a kkk meeting. People need to open their eyes.

10. peelwonder

peelwonder Member

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

That's disappointing. Tuberville is a sharp guy that would probably be a good politician on his own

zehr27 likes this.