Butch Jones Raise + Extension

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Dec 1, 2015.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Allegedly a'coming.

I'm beyond the point of even being concerned with, much less caring about it, anymore.

We are making our own beds here, boys. And it is a mattress stuffed with strap-ons, with flypaper sheets, under a duvet covered with Dave Hart's pubic hair.

I will celebrate these chickens coming home to roost.

2. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

It's like the 8th has personally pissed off Hart and he's doing everything in his power to make everyone on this site miserable.

I truly do not understand this.... I'm going in to tell my boss today that I've only accomplished 70% of my goals this year, but I demand a raise and guaranteed employment for 3 years.

3. GahLee

GahLee Director of Conspiracy Theories, 8th Maxim

Whatever happened to honoring the initial contract? I completely understand the extension being offered in the last year of the original contract if you feel he's the guy, but these extensions with multiple years left on the original contract are just silly. Suppose it's the landscape of the coaching world.

4. Savage Orange

Savage Orange I need ammunition, not a ride. -V Zelensky.

This administration is going to keep Jones no matter what because they know if they get rid of him:

A) they'll be the next ones out the door right behind him and

B) they don't want to go through the whole Gruden thing again. They are NOT going to hire Gruden so if they're just going to have to listen to carping and complaining anyway their apparent plan is to keep the guy we already hate.

5. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

**** the administration, just **** them for their mindset and willingness for mediocrity.

6. GahLee

Jones is fully capable of putting up 8, 9 wins a year and the occasional 10. With our AD not only accepting those results but rewarding them, we are stuck with this guy for awhile.

7. Savage Orange

Which is even crazier considering you are making 10x what your boss is making... What's Cheek pulling down? $375k/year? Botch scoffs as he pockets almost 4 million... For crying out loud, Hart is making almost a cool million himself in total compensation with media appearances and the like.

8. **TDCVOL**

**TDCVOL** Contributor

Mark Richt got a raise this year and was fired a few months later. Just saying.

9. GahLee

After 10 years of doing basically what Butch is only capable of.

10. Savage Orange

As I understand it, the paperwork was never signed. UGa plans to honor the agreement anyway...

11. Savage Orange

I was having this conversation yesterday. Georgia has a coach that wins 9-10 games a year like clockwork and gets run... Tennessee has a coach that struggles to get to 8 wins and gets a raise and an extention. My friend said "(Botch) has only been around 3 years... We've been putting up with this for 15" to which I replied; "If Botch wins 10 games next year and gets to Atlanta (only to be boat raced by Alabama) it won't matter what he does for the next 10 years... Our moronic fan base will fellate him and carry him around Knoxville in a sedan chair"... He couldn't refute my words whatsoever... Especially the part about the fan base.

12. GahLee

Again, if we are rewarding 8-9 wins, he's here for the foreseeable future.

13. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

Butch already makes more than Stoops or Mason. He hasn't shown to be better than anyone else. He's also making more than McElwain and Mullen, laughably. Was above Pinkel before he got canned.

14. Savage Orange

This just makes me stabby (to borrow a term from droski) to contemplate... 8 wins is reason to celebrate? Maybe if you're Kentucky or pre-Spurrier Sakerlina... Or when the schedule was only 10 games (a time well before most of the VN section of our fan base was born...) but good grief man... Being happy with mediocrity is a guarantee that mediocrity is all you're ever going to get. Let's remember that good is the enemy of great.

15. tvolsfan

tvolsfan Chieftain

My last straw will be if Hart gets a new deal as well. Just show me something that makes me believe the people in power care.

16. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Fulmer got a raise and an extension months before being dumped too

17. lylsmorr

lylsmorr Super Moderator

They're not Tennessee, though. And they didn't have Botch's sweet ass buyout

18. reVOLt

reVOLt Contributor

Logic and reason... Put together a dissertation that is ironclad in facts and take out a one page ad in the Knox Sentinel?

Is there anything that can overcome the propaganda? Maybe carpet bombing Knoxville with leaflets?

Does no one outside of this community give a shit?

19. awebb7

awebb7 Contributor

Everyone outside thinks it is hilarious.

20. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club