Trump's Successful Term

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What are the current laws in regards to the things you just mentioned (e.g. Ultrasounds, waiting periods, etc.) - I honestly don't know.

What is his power to keep states from passing laws? How did Obama / W / Clinton / HW handle this?

2. Tenacious D

I think he's saying that it only matters what he actually does, and not merely what he says.

3. Tenacious D

Great list.

On birth control, etc., do you mean "free" as in the government pays for these things?

Some of these you'll get, if I had to guess.

4. Tenacious D

President Trump long ago published the list of names he'd select for SCOTUS.

Not aimed at anything, just saying you can read who they are, right now.

5. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

http://kff.org/womens-health-policy/state-indicator/ultrasound-requirements/

Obama used the justice department and threat of Federal fines, media attention on the matter. Clinton stalled attempts to overturn Roe v Wade, or at least the lip service by those wanting the attempt. I was busy during the W years, you can fill me in on those.

Some stuff is still working its way through the courts. Will be interesting when it hits the Supremes.

6. fl0at_

I was once told I could read his actions on first day, and first 100. Then told not to take it literally.

I'd like to look at the list, but will withhold judgement until I see the nomination, just in case this isn't meant to be taken seriously, either.

7. Tenacious D

Well, OK.

Fortunately, he's got a few more days to enact his agenda.

8. fl0at_

In advance of him actually beginning, and just to get this set in stone: is the 100 days literal? At what point can we start to reasonably question his integrity?

9. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

To me a fix would be to eliminate insurance companies and go universal coverage. Not popular & haven't always felt that way. Experience is a great teacher though.

10. Tenacious D

I'm not President Trump, and can't speak for him.

I am happy to give a blind-ass guess that he'll do so many things, and more quickly, that you'll no longer feel the need to persist with such a pedantically silly point, as this.

I appreciate the point you're making, intended or not, and that this seems to be quite important to you, if no one else.

11. justingroves

justingroves supermod

The only thing that even makes me pause a little on that is looking at how much waste is involved in federally funded anything.

That does seem like the most logical, easiest route to go, though.

12. Tenacious D

Single payer, universal healthcare for every American, paid by the government?

13. Tenacious D

He's already removed the penalty of the ACA, and is about to remove the state lines of competition. Will be interested to see if that provides some relief, and to what extent, if any.

14. IP

IP Super Moderator

1. Universal healthcare, as in all citizens can access the health care they need without incurring financial hardship. Doesn't have to be free. Doesn't have to be all-encompassing (elective things don't have to be covered).
    2. Yes, essentially end deficit spending.
    3. From Pence and from the supreme court. Some of the people on Trump's list have strong views on not only gay marriage, but also gay sex. As in, it should be criminal.
    4. Yes, uphold Roe v Wade-- which is constantly being challenged and gnawed at in conservative states (Texas, Kansas, Oklahoma, Alabama, etc)
    5. Except he's Don Quixote, jousting with the evil foreigners tekkin' err jerbs, with no real mention of this issue that is 85 % of the problem and will soon be 100 %.
    6. Justice regarding the distribution of opportunities, privilege, and wealth within our society. Don't stick inner city kids with the shitty blacktop playground while suburb kids get the nice swing set, for a simple and uncontroversial example.

15. fl0at_

Really? Cause you've been doing a lot of speaking for him (explaining what he actually meant, or what was or wasn't literal) after he actually spoke.

So, don't stop now.

16. IP

IP Super Moderator

Or one could phrase it, "for all Americans, paid for by all Americans." As folks are quick to point out, the government is literally "we the People." By just taking the bull by the horns and not letting middle men who actually contribute nothing to care keep driving the bus on the entire industry, costs WILL come down and we will all collectively come out ahead.

17. JayVols

Medicare for all.

18. JayVols

This.

19. Volst53

Volst53 Super Moderator

They due such a great job with our vets on their VA coverage, might as well give it all to them to run.

20. Tenacious D

Ah, your permission is required for me to speak or be silent?

Should I stop now? If only there existed some way that I could be in charge of when I do or do not speak.