Trump's Successful Term

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by Tenacious D, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

What I'd like to see from President Trump:

1. To seek to unite the country, in earnest and tangible ways, wherever possible.

2. To secure the southern border, with whatever immediate means are available, and to construct a continuously monitored and physical barrier along its entire length.

3. To immediately deport, through any legally available means, any illegal alien who poses either criminal risk or substantively ongoing financial burden to the United States.

4. To immediately terminate and cease any and all conveyance of rights and benefits to illegal aliens, and which are rightfully intended and strictly reserved for citizens of the United States, alone.

5. To provide a window of time whereby illegal aliens with a quantifiably proven and long-term history (10+ years) of otherwise legal and positive contribution to the United States can apply for a path to citizenship. Those failing to apply, or to meet the requisite criteria, will be deported to their true nation of origin, and from where they can continue to seek legal immigration to the US, if they so choose.

6. To immediately withdraw from both TPP and TTIP.

7. To successfully renegotiate NAFTA so as to provide every protection and advantage for American workers and industry, or to withdraw from it in its entirety.

8. To strengthen alliances with all nations, wherever such is possible, and in the best and highest interests of the US, and in turn, the world. While the US cannot continue to be the singular or near total financial and military solution for every world problem, neither can we retreat to protectivism or isolationism, understanding that in the causes of peace and freedom, we must lead the global community, and from the front. It is dangerous folly to fail in this regard.

9. The Iran Peace deal should be immediately scuttled, unless the Iranian government agrees to a complete dismantling of all nuclear capabilities, and allows such monitoring as is needed to ensure for and perpetually monitor that such is done and never re-started.

10. To remove radical Islamic terrorism from the face of the earth, including all who continue to advocate, harbor and/or support it inn any way.

11. To move the US Embassy to Jerusalem, where Israel prefers and where the US Congress has long authorized it to be re-located.

More to come, but that should be plenty to get the candle lit.

2. smokysbark

smokysbark Chieftain

I just want the mother****er to quit worrying how many people were at the inauguration. Can you go be a ****ing President now? Jesus.

3. TennTradition

TennTradition Super Moderator

I think that perhaps the most positive thing that could happen is that people get so tired of not having any facts, of not being able to trust a marginalized media or a propaganda-platform twitter feed, and of seeing a mockery made of facts, that they demand more. That we get so tired of this crap that we actually push a reset button - one that strengthens an objective media and shuts Facebook feeds the hell up.

4. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I honest to God do not know. I've said before that in my mind, as of now, the best idea would be to scrap insurance altogether, go to direct pay with expanded medicare and Medicaid. Let the states administer medicaid on a state by state basis. There are nuances to this of course but this is big picture.

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

Which public service or good is? In any culture.

6. Tenacious D

On the idea of strengthening the media, in that case, God's work must first be their own.

I don't think they'll even acknowledge the possibility of their part in their own downfall, and will instead, simply continue to quadruple down on the same failed strategy of being really, really sincere in saying that they're accurately and fairly reporting the news.

Even now, and amongst reasonable people here, I can only recall a handful of people who have at least somewhat admitted the media's own self-inflicted harm, but seem to believe that their problems begin and end with Trump.

Simply, until the media admits its bias, or more people on the left demand that they finally be rid of it (admittedly, as helpful in the anti-Trump message as any), nothing whatsoever will change.

7. Tenacious D

12. I would like to see him scrap the individual mandate / penalties of the ACA, but protect other areas, such as coverage for preventative medicine, and no denial for pre-existing conditions. I would also like to see him strengthen it (or his pet equivalent of it) by removing the prohibitions against health insurance and other medical companies from competing across state lines.

13. I would like to see him provide the readily available and easily accessibly mechanism(s) by which school vouchers are available, to any parent / student who wishes to use them, and just as SCOTUS allowed / upheld several years ago.

14. I would like to see him make an earnestly concerted effort toward non-proliferation of nuclear weapons.

15. I want him to take practical and common-sense steps to help the poor, disadvantaged and most vulnerable citizens, and which will provide them with a better and more fair opportunity to work toward their full potential.

16. I want him to seek to address the racial tensions in this country, through some tangible and productive means. I cannot imagine what this will look like, but then, I am not POTUS. And it is almost an impossible ask, but it comes with the gig, and any solution will likely require the weight of his office.

17. I do not want a centrist SCOTUS nominee. I want a strict Constitutionalist conservative, in the same vein as the late Justice Scalia, but younger. The balance of the court now leans left, and needs a counter-balancing nominee. I'd expect and would want a centrist on any subsequent SCOTUS nominees.

18. I expect him to uphold the letter of every federal law, fully, without either hesitation or apology, as is his sacred duty, and in complete disregard as to how much / little those actions align with his own personal bent and beliefs.

More to come...

8. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

He has to do all this to be successful in your eyes?

9. Tenacious D

No, but I expect that my view of his success would involve some earnest effort / sincere care at addressing most, and successes in as many as can be reasonably achieved, and it is within his ability to produce. There are some that he cannot or could not do in five terms (eg racism, non-proliferation, etc.), and some that should be easily and immediately do-able. I expect him to deliver, whenever, wherever and if at all possible.

10. fl0at_

fl0at_ Humorless, asinine, joyless pr*ck

Sorry. I thought we were supposed to list what we thought would differentiate his term from unsuccessful to successful, not just what we wanted him to do.

I misread, and I apologize.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

I wish tenny were president, if it had to be a conservative.

12. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I'd support Tenny.

13. utvol0427

utvol0427 Chieftain

I'd support a number of people on this board over either of the candidates that we had this go round and I don't mean that as an exaggeration.

14. JayVols

JayVols Walleye Catchin' Moderator

I am officially announcing my 3rd party candidacy for President of the United States in 2020. I will be creating a new party called The Common Sense Party.

I will announce my campaign team at a date to be determined. Thank you. God bless you, and God bless the United States of America.

15. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

Have they got rid of the 40% tax on "Cadillac" insurance plans, and I can't even remember what year it was supposed to kick in anymore, if it's still around?

16. Tenacious D

Careful what you wish for. I'll run someday, and Trump's win almost begs me to do it.

Surely, my posts on this board will be used to scare the piss out of so many people, that I'll struggle to get the 5K signatures necessary to run.

CNN: "Apparently, some guy named Butch Jones is one dumb mother****er."
    MSNBC: "There are 16,312 posts in which he referred to the GLBT community as 'The Gays', and incessantly mocked some poor transgendered person named 'NYYVol' for performing oral sex on sailors in the Chili's restroom during fleet week."

That's off the top of my head, it'll be much, much worse than that, I'm sure. And that's even before the first debate.

17. Tenacious D

FoxNews: "Candidate Tenny is a bigoted Christian, telling one Buddhist member to 'Shut up, because no one cares about your fat heathen god.' and that "Enlightenment is for pansies."
    Also FoxNews: "Candidate Tenny wished death on Jimmy Buffet no less than 8,743 times, just in June of 2016."

18. kmf600

kmf600 Energy vampire

To be fair, Tenny, most Americans wouldn't be able to stay focused long enough to read all the way through most of your posts.

19. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

I think I wouldn't be in the top 10 candidates to be President of the 8th, much less anything larger than a township.

20. Tenacious D

Another tic in the "Pro" column.