POLITICS Turns out Tucker Carlson kinda sucks

Discussion in 'Politicants' started by emainvol, Mar 10, 2019.

1. IP

IP Super Moderator

I do think that is part of it, just like it was with Trump. They know it generates a click, share, etc. And it ends up actually amplifying that person's footprint.

2. JudgmentVol

JudgmentVol Chieftain

I just wanted to point out the ridiculous idea that simply the more response something receives the more it's validated by truth. No other message regarding AOC intended.

3. warhammer

warhammer Chieftain

That's where I am thinking about it as well. She's a freshman representative. There are several. I know it easy to justify separating her from the rest of the pack, but before the age of importance of likes, clicks, and shares, most of her ideas, proposals, and gaffes would have never made significant headlines outside her own district. We are in an age of sensationalist journalism.

4. Butthole

Butthole Chieftain

5. IP

IP Super Moderator

I assume it is because there are other things to do or to watch on television normal people prefer at 8 pm. It says a lot more about the demographics of the 8 pm cable news personality viewer than it does about people in general.

6. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Not sure I buy that.

7. IP

IP Super Moderator

what is the combined ratings of all non news programming at 8 pm? throw in netflix, hulu, etc. and then anyone out actually doing something. watching the news networks at 8 is not something most people do

8. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

What if it's not 8pm somewhere else?

9. IP

IP Super Moderator

I am referring to the time slot. I understand timezones.

10. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

That was the hottest time slot when Tucker took over if I remember correctly.

11. IP

IP Super Moderator

for who? fox news? when was cnn or MSNBC leading in the news network wars in the past decade? fox news can put anyone that fits their brand and have a big audience. it's about their demographic.

12. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

I think for most news outlets. CNN has Cooper on at 8pm and MSNBC has Chris Hayes in that time slot. I think those are each outlets top dogs for the most part.

13. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

What this tells me is that at 8 pm, approximately 6ish million people have literally nothing better to do with their time.

14. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

It’s the highest rated slot for CNN, as well, according to that graphic.

15. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

Probably racist people too.

16. Tenacious D

Tenacious D The law is of supreme importance, or no importance

Exactly this.

Nothing is less effective at getting people to ignore someone than constantly saying, “Look at this guy!”

17. Tenacious D

That’s a convenient assumption to make.

But both Carlson and CNN go up at 8pm, and MSNBC goes down.

18. Tenacious D

That’s a convenient assumption to make.

But both Carlson and CNN go up at 8pm, and MSNBC goes down.

19. The Dooz

The Dooz Super Moderator

Likely just bad taste in “news” television.

20. zehr27

zehr27 8th's VIP

A lot of people with bad taste then.