Twin Peaks: The Return

Discussion in 'The Thunderdome' started by gcbvol, May 31, 2017.

Tags:
  1. gcbvol

gcbvol Fabulous Moderator

I watched the 2 part premiere last night and was spellbound. It was a bit all over the place but just so beautifully bizarre. It's early, but I think the magic is still there.

2. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

Never watched the original, so cannot say I am excited. But I know it has a huge cult following, so I hope it is all that people want from it.

3. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

I'm tempted to orer Showtime jsut to watch this. Even as a kid I loved the original.

4. kptvol

kptvol Super Moderator

I actually just tried to watch the first season for the first time in the past year or so. I get that it's very different, but different doesn't necessarily equal good.

5. gcbvol

A couple of thoughts:

1) The show isn't everyone's cup of tea, nor is Lynch for that matter. I remember when it first aired it was fairly polarizing without much of a 'meh' contingent.
    2) I'm not sure I'd enjoy the original nearly as much if I were to watch it the first time today. So much has changed in the last 25 years. There really had never been anything like it when it first aired but now we've experienced many other quirky and/or surreal films/programs the unique nature and 'magic' of the original airing is muted.

6. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

Is David Lynch involved with the new show? If so, I might have to give this a shot. Mulholland Drive is one of my favorite films of all time.

7. gcbvol

Yep. The new episodes were written by Lynch and Frost, all directed by Lynch.

8. y2korth

y2korth Contributor

David Lynch had a roommate somewhere in massechusets once. The roommate was so insane he was unbearable, and lynch kicked him out.

The roommate was Peter wolf, front man for j. Geils.

Too weird for David lynch.