Twitter Predictions

Discussion in 'Vols Football' started by Tenacious D, Oct 4, 2015.

1. CardinalVol

CardinalVol Uncultured, non-diverse mod

Patience people. Patience.

2. justingroves

justingroves supermod

These things surface when a coach is on his deathbed. I'm sure there was a heated argument, some shoving and a lot of cussing, no punches thrown.

It gets blown up due to people wanting it to be true. Or maybe Butch did do it, practice was closed and no one would talk about it til now

3. IP

IP Super Moderator

When post things like that, it makes me think you know/heard something and can't openly discuss it.

4. wildnkrazykat

wildnkrazykat Well-Known Member

This reminds me of the last days of billy Clyde.

5. Unimane

Unimane Kill "The Caucasian"

As long as it's the last days and Gruden is coming in as our Calipari.

6. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

When you lose, folks put you under the microscope and I completely understand that, but this sounds a lot like a fictional story to provoke a reaction from the AD after this season.

7. wildnkrazykat

Kiffin, imo. I kid-kinda.

I was watching butch's presser last night. Well like 2 minutes of it and to be honest, He just doesn't give off good vibes. Idk that Butch ever punched/struck anyone, but his demeanor was unsettling to me. And it's deeper than he just lost some games and the heat is on him.
    Compared to you guys, I'm an extremely ignorant person, but my take on Butch is that his whole career is a facade, and he's well
    Aware of this. In previous positions the spotlight wasn't as intense and the time was short, as I understand it. Sell the dream to a few kids, recruit to fit your system, and have just enough success to make the media buy into you before moving on up. The problem is he went from a magistrate to the president and skipped all the learning curves in between.
    He doesn't have a thorough understanding of the game of football especially in a league like the SEC and a school like Tennessee. I think he has a HUGE inferiority complex due to his lack of knowledge and experience. Now, as the facade cracks, I think he's grasping at pieces trying to save himself but for him and his ego, he feels that he needs place blame on everyone else and look an ass than to admit what he thought would work won't, and to seek out help and direction.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2015
  8. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

This story won't provoke anything from the AD other than his ass getting canned.

9. bostonvol

bostonvol Chieftain

So is Butch going to keep driving around New Circle Road to avoid being fired?

10. TXA&M07

TXA&M07 New Member

Kinda like what's happening in Austin.

11. wildnkrazykat

You know BCG wasn't answering that phone cause he was getting a blowie in the back seat.

12. ben4vols

ben4vols Contributor

I could see DeBord in the back seat doing Butch a return favor.

13. NorrisAlan

NorrisAlan Founder of the Mike Honcho Fan Club

I wouldn't answer the phone either.

14. wildnkrazykat

Yup. And I think it happened to kiffin too, to some extent. Kiffin was so well connected and had the look, and could talk the talk, and that pushed him
    On up the ladder . I really do think he will become a pretty solid coach at some point. The thing was he wasn't ready and the fishbowls he fell into were waaaaaay to big for his depth of knowledge and/or experience. In short #respecttheorocess

15. justingroves

justingroves supermod

Butch owes him one

16. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

He could take out the dentures, too.

17. wildnkrazykat

18. wildnkrazykat

That was in jest, but the co-eds loved BCG, from what I can recall.

19. A-Smith

A-Smith Chieftain

They probably just said "hello." Jabari was always an easy one to stop.

20. 615 Vol

615 Vol Chieftain

The year 2025

"I'd like to thank Mike DeBord and Butch Jones for helping me follow my career path with NASA. If it weren't for them, I may have gone a different route and played pro football." -Josh Dobbs